2008 LMM Build is no longer a myth or rumor

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The wow factor is definetly through the roof, cant argue with that...but why??? Is it necessary? How is everything going to fit? Are you going to be able to keep AC and all the radiator shrouds? Be able to keep the batteries and underhood fuse box? Where are the dual CP3's and accessories going to be mounted?

How do you possibly expect the trans to live? Theres also going to most certainly going to be issues with the block moving around at that power level...I just cant possibly see it as "daily driver" IMHO.....

ben

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
The wow factor is definetly through the roof, cant argue with that...but why??? Is it necessary? How is everything going to fit? Are you going to be able to keep AC and all the radiator shrouds? Be able to keep the batteries and underhood fuse box? Where are the dual CP3's and accessories going to be mounted?

How do you possibly expect the trans to live? Theres also going to most certainly going to be issues with the block moving around at that power level...I just cant possibly see it as "daily driver" IMHO.....

ben

Not only that, but what is done to the motor as far as rods, cam, or pistons, head work or a stroker kit?

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
can you say.... Ungodly, destructive amounts of torque! :D That sucker is gonna be insane at the slightest tap of the throttle even at idle! I do hope its got all the parts in the book thrown at it! cause ita need em!

Very:cool2:

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
are those 2.8's or 3.0's:eek:

They are custom built chargers based off a GT42

The wow factor is definetly through the roof, cant argue with that...but why??? Its never been attempted and thats what we shoot for at our shop Is it necessary? NO but why not try, if this pans out the whole gas drag race community is in a rude awaking. How is everything going to fit? Very uniqe and very carefully with lots of time and new designs from everything to how to hook up a second CP3. Are you going to be able to keep AC YESand all the radiator shrouds? going to try and keep it Be able to keep the batteries Its going to get relocated and underhood fuse box? Where are the dual CP3's and accessories going to be mounted? As close to factory location as we can possibly get

How do you possibly expect the trans to live? We suggested the duraflite but customer wants to stick with ATS b/c they are going to warranty it if it fails.....:eek:Theres also going to most certainly going to be issues with the block moving around at that power level...I just cant possibly see it as "daily driver" IMHO..... I agree but Tunning is going to be a major part in its ability to be a daily driver

ben

Not only that, but what is done to the motor as far as rods, cam, or pistons, head work or a stroker kit?

It will be getting tore down by the end of the week while we are waiting on the custom parts that need to be designed and built

Im going to have to assume the motor is fully built.
Not yet but soon
Also, Will concrete be used on this build?

Yes Very similar to another white Dmax that comes to mind :D

can you say.... Ungodly, destructive amounts of torque! :D That sucker is gonna be insane at the slightest tap of the throttle even at idle! I do hope its got all the parts in the book thrown at it! cause ita need em!

Very:cool2:
Yes SoCal diesel is going to be part of this build the whole way,

Many great parts that are available in the industry and many that are soon to be available are going to be put to the up most test most can dream of.

VABRacing

Oh its going to be a fun truck, Lots of relocated parts for sure. Wiring will have to be made to fit around the blower. Its not that hard, just tons of hours worth of work. Im really not sure how the driveline is remotely going to handle it. But as for the motor, its getting a lot of one off custom parts and concrete. Im more worried about the pats behind the motor! :D

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Oh its going to be a fun truck, Lots of relocated parts for sure. Wiring will have to be made to fit around the blower. Its not that hard, just tons of hours worth of work. Im really not sure how the driveline is remotely going to handle it. But as for the motor, its getting a lot of one off custom parts and concrete. Im more worried about the pats behind the motor! :D

With the new open driveline rules Fantasy will have, you should just put in a drop box and call it a day ;)