duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
while this is all still kinda fresh were going to try and get the tranny down and look through everything tonight and head to bully dog wednsday night on there superflow for round 2 i think i learned enough to try and make a nother go of it

JQmile

Jul 6, 2007
Sup brutha, good seeing you again! :hug:

You need bigger injectors to hit 2K. Increasing the pulsewidth can only do so much, the more fuel you can get in quickly, the more power you can make. You only have so many degrees of crank angle to make power, any extra fuel past that you'll just blow out the exhaust.

Oh, and make sure the dyno is at 20,000 feet when you make your run, so you can use a 100% correction factor :roflmao:

da94broncodude

Jul 16, 2011
lol i heard about that, jason from diesel power asked if it came with my nos setup haha:)

funniest thing about that was the toolbag in the booth, we asked so what truck has this been dyno proven 2000rwhp in ? his response was Dimitris, we said oh really pretty sure 1700hp is 300 away from 2000 hes all no its been done HAHAHAHAHA yet..

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
any updated dmitri?

yeah, was the tranny that kept us away from 2k, just pulled it appart a few days ago and one of the clutch packs look like a burnt piece of bacon lol, when i dynoed 1600 + 4 times straight it was pulling fuel during all runs due to sliping i believe, i pulled the engine in december to refresh the bottom end, much to my surprise i only had one bearing take a beating on the cap side of things, but shes got more goodies now and a better tranny, i suspect will try for 2k again shortly after the az nationals, ill be going back to tpd at drakes so its same dyno same factor.

Last edited:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Sup brutha, good seeing you again! :hug:

You need bigger injectors to hit 2K. Increasing the pulsewidth can only do so much, the more fuel you can get in quickly, the more power you can make. You only have so many degrees of crank angle to make power, any extra fuel past that you'll just blow out the exhaust.

Oh, and make sure the dyno is at 20,000 feet when you make your run, so you can use a 100% correction factor :roflmao:

always a pleasure as well jason, and a hell of running 1st jen you got your self man, i thought i was good at nos till i seen your game haha maybe you can sit in with me next time :) I think the tranny is what kept us from the 2 k mark, im going to try with all the same setup just a better tranny, hopping that will be enough, if not ill pull the sticks i guess, hahahaha yeah will just air drop our dyno and my truck on everest lol

Last edited:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Hope to see it run;)
thanks man ill sure give it round two :)
What are you running for pistons, forged? Good luck with the chase for 2k
thank you :) yeah i have molly forged, they looked great, were running them into our second season, i had 20,000 miles on them last year, 84 plus dynos and about 130+ passes, for my first time on forged i was more than happy
Glad to hear the engine was going great since AZ! :thumb:

thanks man, yeah that thing sure was good to me last year, i hope the changes i made make it better for this season, hows the new truck man??

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
You can do it dimitri!:woott: I met ya at ats dyno over last summer with my bro andrew, had a blast watching your truck on the dyno.

thanks man, yeah it was good meeting you guys as well, im sorry about your bros truck man, i was really forward to watching him run, best of luck on the sale, it sucks when someones dreams are broke cause of a joke shop, maybe he can fire back up another truck someday, were going to ats open house march 23 you guys should come out

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
Thanks dimitri, yeah the only stuff done rite on the truck was what i did when i flew out there.. And im gonna be in n.c then, rudys dyno day is the 17th down there u should get ur ass to that!:hug:

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
yeah, was the tranny that kept us away from 2k, just pulled it appart a few days ago and one of the clutch packs look like a burnt piece of bacon lol, when i dynoed 1600 + 4 times straight it was pulling fuel during all runs due to sliping i believe, i pulled the engine in december to refresh the bottom end, much to my surprise i only had one bearing take a beating on the cap side of things, but shes got more goodies now and a better tranny, i suspect will try for 2k again shortly after the az nationals, ill be going back to tpd at drakes so its same dyno same factor.

Top secret tranny stuff or can you explain??
(coming back to Edmonton to throw some more loonies this year? hahaha)

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Catching up on this and its pretty incredible the power these motors make hats off to you.

How come there is no torque number just impossible or unreliable? Or did I miss it? I'm assuming these numbers were just balls out 5th gear pulls? Pretty dam crazy!

I really would like to see it (2000 HP) but you gotta wonder if it's even possible and what changes could you make to squeeze another 300 HP ,actually less , when your already spraying it like a mad man. Probably been mentioned how big are the injectors?

The recipe is fuel and air after all and hope it stays together. :thumb: