2 stroke oil in fuel..??

Duramax?

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit MI
Any one put 2 stoke oil in? I was told by some people it could help out injectors or so what? Sorry may be dumb question but thought to ask!

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
I put a 16 ounce bottle in every fill up. I didn't tell the wife and she asked me why it was running smother and starting easier. I could tell the difference.

Using the Walmart Ashless oil

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Don't care how well people say it works I ain't puttin that shit in my tank. Injectors too spendy and sensative to risk it.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
Don't care how well people say it works I ain't puttin that shit in my tank. Injectors too spendy and sensative to risk it.

I used it for a while and never once noticed a difference after I stopped using it.

Its just an added, unnecessary expensive in my opinion. There is no making the terrible quality of the current day fuel, better regardless.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Just my 2 cents. It's the same as running full synthetic oil, good fuel filters, distilled water in radiator. You may not notice a difference in the way it runs but it is doing something.

I don't think there's any way that a 1:50 mix of oil is going to hurt anything.

I know guys that fill there fuel filter with trans fluid every time they change it. And others running cummins off straight used vegetable oil.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Long as it's clean oil it is not going to hurt a thing. Keep in mind lb7's were designed for LSD, now that we have ULSD the added lubricity from oil or additive added to the fuel will do nothing but help.
My lly had a random fuel knock, I started dumping a quart or so of motor oil or 2 stroke, whatever is cheaper, in it and boom no more knock.

These fuel systems are space age tech compared to those of the 80s that will run off straight waste motor oil but in the end they are still diesels. A quart of oil in a full tank is roughly 100:1 mixture. My GAS powered blower and weed eater run 50:1.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I just use diesel power service. The savings isnt worth the gamble for me to use 2 stroke oil in a 70,000 dollar rigg but to each there own. I agree with 02greysixer that the older systems were designed for lsd not ulsd but the manufacturers have started to add lubricity packages to make up for the diffrence in sulfur content. Since then I havent heard of any injection pump failures like the ones that were happening after the switch to ulsd from loss of lubricity from the reduction in sulfur. I can tell a diffrence in injector knock with DPS vs without, if you cant then you need your hearing checked, lol...

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I used to run my 7.3s off of waste motor oil. Ran up to 75% wmo and 25% diesel and it ran so much better. But they are a different animal. My dmaxes I ran on power service or 2 stroke every fill up. When I miss a time putting it in I can tell the injectors are a little louder. Just me and my opinion. The little 2 stroke 6 Oz bottle are like 60 cents each. Not really much of an investment when you use 1 per fillup.

Bersaglieri

Dec 28, 2013
I run power service, it's 9.99 at Rural King, and run a little in every tank. I guess time will tell on these new injectors.

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
I run 2 stroke and I tell all my customers to run it. I get 60 more miles per tank with it in then without it. I don't know why but I do. I put a quart in per 26 gal. I told a customer who had a lly injector going bad to run it. He was running schafer's additive, and he put 2 stroke oil in and he said within 30 miles it fixed it. It has been running fine for 2 years now. I like two stroke oil better than anything. Another awesome cleaner is hot shot secret diesel extreme. It is a great injection system cleaner.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its all personal preference.....

I put a quart of 2 stroke in sometimes. The loping FPA would settle down and the injectors would be quieter when I used it.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Depends what I have on hand. It's either diesel kleen or 2 stroke oil. Usually every other fill up. Definitely runs better, shooter idle and no more surge or lope.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
What do yall think about atf? I think the detergents in it help with the cleaning injectors over time. Maybe not to a drastic degree like a true injector cleaning but maybe some.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
It cleans the lines out and sends everything straight to the injector tip. Injectors cost too much for me to even think of running atf in a common rail. Yeah I prefer real injector cleaner over 2-stroke but they both have their place. Atf on the other hand can do some damage IMO.

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
I don't see the point of using something other than an approved diesel additive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk