So that 2008 that he is looking at will most definitely be a 4L85

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
ugh no its not a 6L90 adam. Do you ever check your facts on things? :rolleyes:

Duramax van didnt get 6L90 until 2010.

So that 2008 that he is looking at will most definitely be a 4L85

the fact i check when i did my LBZ/4l85 repower 2 years ago was 06-07 lly(LBZ)/4l85 08-10 LMM/6l90 guess they are wrong.

cool.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
the fact i check when i did my LBZ/4l85 repower 2 years ago was 06-07 lly(LBZ)/4l85 08-10 LMM/6l90 guess they are wrong.

cool.

I would love to see exactly who/where you heard this from, seeing as most people dont even know the 6L90 was offered in the duramax van at all, let alone as early as 2008.

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
Why's that? Just pure strength? I imagine the 6 speed would be much better than the 47rh for daily driving but the strip would be where the 47rh would shine.

Simply based on the fact that you already have a built tranny that will easily withstand the abuse you will be putting it through. It will do everything you need it to do. So, by buying another tranny for $XXXX amount, then spending another $XXXX to have it built makes you ahead of the game keeping what you already have.

Its a 4L85.... Ill bet $1,104,124,987 on it.

I like the confidence...:cool:

The 2008 is definitely still a 4L85E.

Josh, what did you have done to your 4l85e to hold the power that you are making? My race weight will be very close to yours and I'm also a 2wd so I'm curious to know what it took. PM me if you want to.

Simply based on the fact that you already have a built tranny that will easily withstand the abuse you will be putting it through. It will do everything you need it to do. So, by buying another tranny for $XXXX amount, then spending another $XXXX to have it built makes you ahead of the game keeping what you already have.

I'm not just buying the setup for the tranny. I'm mainly looking to buy it for the LMM which is a better engine in a lot of ways compared to the lb7. The tranny just comes with it. I appreciate your input and will definitely take all this into account when making a decision.

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
I'm not just buying the setup for the tranny. I'm mainly looking to buy it for the LMM which is a better engine in a lot of ways compared to the lb7. The tranny just comes with it. I appreciate your input and will definitely take all this into account when making a decision.

Yes, I understand that and would run the lmm over the lb7 any day. This is mostly a matter of personal preference, but it's obvious what I would do.

When I was gathering parts for the Camaro, I looked into having a 4l80/85 built and talked to my tranny guy (who's work I would stand up to literally anybody's) and at the time it was more expensive and they were less reliable when compared to a 47rh/re of an equal build. Guys like Josh are getting them figured out now to the point where they are much more consistent and handle the abuse it seems.

So which ever route you go, I'm sure you'll be happy. But if saving money is a big concern, stick with the tranny you already have. You won't be disappointed.

Brought the LMM home today...can't wait to get started on the swap.

usajebuh.jpg