1058 hard lock up fix?

dhardy357

Mar 31, 2009
Iv been readings threads from a while back on a way to fix the hard lock up of a 1058. Last I read was there were two ways at the pump to fix it. The stiffer spring and efi wouldn't do it. Is there any update on this?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Iv been readings threads from a while back on a way to fix the hard lock up of a 1058. Last I read was there were two ways at the pump to fix it. The stiffer spring and efi wouldn't do it. Is there any update on this?

The only way I have been able to fix this and it doesn't work all the time is to reset the adaptive learn with Allison DOC on the laptop.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Tuning plays a huge role. I had a ppe tune on mine that felt like it was going to break the input shaft.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Just speaking from experience. And I'm referring to the tc lockup from 4-5 not stomping on it.

Papapark

Mar 20, 2012
St. Andrews, Manitoba, Canada
I am having this issue too. I have found that it isn't as bad in tow/haul mode.

I would like to try and reset taps with my V2 but have no idea how. Can anybody walk me through this?
I also have access to a techII if it will work better.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I am having this issue too. I have found that it isn't as bad in tow/haul mode.

I would like to try and reset taps with my V2 but have no idea how. Can anybody walk me through this?
I also have access to a techII if it will work better.

None of the tools above will fix this.

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
I cleared taps the adapt quick learn and it felt good for five min then started locking hard again.. called suncoast today and they said they never heard of this problem.. I must be t:roflmao:he only one lol

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
from my understanding, some 5 speed trucks are more susceptible to harsh 4-5 upshifts. I would listen to Mike though... He may know a thing or two about alli's... :D

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Oh I know he does... but I sucks when someone's riding with u and they ask what the hell when it locks.. when I havesl some extra money I think ill just get a goerend converter since I live 1 mile from them

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
For some reason, the 1056 converter in my truck locked up WICKED hard for first couple thou mile/ 1 year. Now its smoother and i couldnt be happier with it. I dont know if break-in has something to do with it?? I do second gear starts sled pulling; i know this is hard on it. Maybe it wore in enough now?? I dont know

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
I know all to well what you mean... my lly had a broken spring in the valve body that eluded me for a year and a half... It would randomly slam a shift hard as hell, with no consistency. I tried tuning, rebuilding and no luck finally found the spring when we pulled the valve body.