1058 hard lock up fix?

1hotduramax

Dec 14, 2008
I think Suncoast knows about it. I have a 1056 that would slam my head against the back window if I had a standard cab. It is about a year and a half old and seems to be getting a little better,locks up real nice at 20% throttle or more but anything less and it would shake the whole truck.

I thought this was only a character flaw of the 1056.

Next time I will do some thorough research on torque converter lock ups before it goes in the truck.

dhardy357

Mar 31, 2009
Hey mike, my local shop wants 225$me to reset the trans. What do u think the odds of it fixing it are? 225 is a lot to throw the dice on

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I think Suncoast knows about it. I have a 1056 that would slam my head against the back window if I had a standard cab. It is about a year and a half old and seems to be getting a little better,locks up real nice at 20% throttle or more but anything less and it would shake the whole truck.

I thought this was only a character flaw of the 1056.

Next time I will do some thorough research on torque converter lock ups before it goes in the truck.

Hang in there, mine is great now. What i expected from the beginning. Maybe beat it a little bit, boost launch or 3rd gear starts sled pulling!!:thumb:

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Hey mike, my local shop wants 225$me to reset the trans. What do u think the odds of it fixing it are? 225 is a lot to throw the dice on

Thats way to much to hookup the laptop/tech2 for a reset. Are you sure they didn't quote you for oil and both filters to be changed?

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
You guys should just run a 1054 that way the hard shift is normal haha:roflmao: my converter locks crazy hard. Makes me feel like I'm going faster than I really am haha:thumb:

dhardy357

Mar 31, 2009
Thats way to much to hookup the laptop/tech2 for a reset. Are you sure they didn't quote you for oil and both filters to be changed?

Im pretty sure. I called a local certified allison shop. Is a gm dealer capable of doing this?