$$$101,878$$$

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Get a Factory Five GTM. Then put your Duramax in it as it sits and you will have a 2.6 0-60 car.
im not sure the chasis has been designed for the weight or tq of the tuned dmax, but it would be unreal, and the thought has crossed my mind more than once

Yep insane in deed. There are a few in the 05-07s i found for high 30s to low 40s. Those had 20-30k. I did find an 07 z06 for 35k. Had 43k miles .. Really nice lookin car. Motor build isnt looking so far out now is it.
i have been looking at 08's with less than 30k mi, and the color i like came out in 2010:(

The ls9 is a badass motor regardless but I still wouldn't pay that kind of money. I could buy a lot of other things that would make me happier for that much. IMO
Ls9 came in the ZR1, Z06 got the LS7 7.0L N/A

4.8/5.3 use the same block but are different than the 6.0/6.2. And rods and heads don't change the displacement of an engine. Just FYI for you coco.
oh, i thougt that the crank could be used used in all the blocks, had the same throw? I also thought that the 6.0 iron block if fitted with the L92 heads made it a 6.2L, cause they did have a larger combustion cahmber than the L99 head?? also, i thought the 4.8 could be bored out to meet 6.0L spec, im not sure anymore it has been about 3-4 years since i was into that scene, iirc alot had to do with the with the years you were trying to mate together? if trying to do it with gm donor parts, but thanks for the info regardless:thumb:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
i have to admit, the build options were not all car

two of them totaled over 10k

they were:
the engine build experience for 5,800

this is where you fly in, everythig is taken care of, then you go onto the build floor and hand assemble your engine with a tech, right there in the factory, they make a specialized plate and you sign it

then the other option was the museum delivery for 4,500
again a cerimonious event, you will never see the attention to detail at a dealership level, that the museum will put into that car, it will be perfect, i threw that on there cuz if i did build one new, this is the only way to go, especially on a 60th year collector car

so really, the car itself is closer to 90k:angel::rolleyes:, the build was a Z06 in 3LZ trim with a carbon hood, cfz carbon package, leather hand stiched interior(if you dont order that you will get vynil:eek:) the Z07 performance package and the lightweight 19" cup wheels, the base Z06 is 75k

whatever, that is still insane

Corvette® Museum Delivery, Museum delivery of your new Corvette® is available through your dealer. With this special event, you're first welcomed to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY, with signs commemorating the special day. This is followed by a tour of the assembly plant conducted by your own Corvette Museum Delivery VIP tour guide - check for availability1. Then comes a personal VIP guided tour of the museum which culminates with the viewing of a brand-new Corvette on display – your Corvette. Next, a member of the National Corvette Museum Delivery Team runs you through a thorough orientation, followed by the delivery presentation of your new vehicle. Finally, a unique gold decal is placed on the inside of the driver's door jamb to signify the importance of this memorable occasion.

For more information, visit the National Corvette Museum website at corvettemuseum.org.

1 VIP-guided assembly plant tour is only available through mid-September 2012.

Little high on this option lol it's only 490.00 bucks but you can not have it right now atleast some can not.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
D9D91F93-2F77-47A8-AE0B-6C4B4C8D2BF5-3077-0000041E4E2F8C61_zpscabd97d6.jpg

D93F8C19-62EC-4932-9152-FE39F8B27945-3077-0000041E4FAD217A_zpsb9f8d544.jpg

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
i ran it on dynomite diesels dyno after i put the efi live tune on, before i built the trans, it had the trans go jr but the converter was slippin bad(loose i guess you would call it) this was before i was a member here, before i knew the importance of the dyno sheet, or needed to prove it, the truck hit 568whp and 1013lbs tq, since then i have added a stroker pump, 4094vgt and a built trans

you got me, i am applying some ricer math and assuming my truck is a 600 hp truck right now, since that time i have not seen another dyno, nor will i go back to dynomite, they are damn fools, flame suit on, i know alot of guys swear by their tips, but i live right next door to them, and the local lore is not good about their work....

You're telling us your truck made 568rwhp on a stock turbo/trans with a slipping converter? :confused: No freakin' way dude.
I wanna try that dyno, I'll probably be close to 900.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
oh, i thougt that the crank could be used used in all the blocks, had the same throw? I also thought that the 6.0 iron block if fitted with the L92 heads made it a 6.2L, cause they did have a larger combustion cahmber than the L99 head?? also, i thought the 4.8 could be bored out to meet 6.0L spec, im not sure anymore it has been about 3-4 years since i was into that scene, iirc alot had to do with the with the years you were trying to mate together? if trying to do it with gm donor parts, but thanks for the info regardless:thumb:

Not to burst your bubble but this is nearly all wrong lol.

1st 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 6.2 all use the same crank for iron and aluminum blocks. They also use the same rods if its a Gen 4 motor. (Floating rod actually and are very nice)
2nd 4.8/5.3 blocks are the same, the 4.8 uses a short stroke crank and a longer rod. Pistons are interchangeable between 4.8/5.3 since the piston pin placement in the piston is the same
3rd l92's fit 6.0 but do not change engine displacement. The only way to do that is bigger piston or longer stroke. The heads will only change compression ratio. L92's will not fit on anything smaller than a 4.000 bore (smaller than 6.0) but even on a 4.000 there is a lot of shrouding. Cathedral heads are way better IMO
4th you want to go fast for cheap? There's plenty of stock bottom end Gen IV 5.3's out there making 1000 whp but its going to take a lot more than some 36lb injectors and a little 70mm turbo.
5th ls7 is the worst motor ever made. Only buy a c6Z06 if you intend to pull the motor and sell it the first day you get the car or find a Z06 that has a blown up one.

Any other LS questions? I know them quite well and can answer most questions. In the long run dollar for dollar for going fast LS beats duramax every time. That's why my duramax pulls my race truck and not the other way round. You just have to decide what you want out of a car and decide if you can do it all with the dmax

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Not to burst your bubble but this is nearly all wrong lol.

1st 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 6.2 all use the same crank for iron and aluminum blocks. They also use the same rods if its a Gen 4 motor. (Floating rod actually and are very nice)
2nd 4.8/5.3 blocks are the same, the 4.8 uses a short stroke crank and a longer rod. Pistons are interchangeable between 4.8/5.3 since the piston pin placement in the piston is the same
3rd l92's fit 6.0 but do not change engine displacement. The only way to do that is bigger piston or longer stroke. The heads will only change compression ratio. L92's will not fit on anything smaller than a 4.000 bore (smaller than 6.0) but even on a 4.000 there is a lot of shrouding. Cathedral heads are way better IMO
4th you want to go fast for cheap? There's plenty of stock bottom end Gen IV 5.3's out there making 1000 whp but its going to take a lot more than some 36lb injectors and a little 70mm turbo.
5th ls7 is the worst motor ever made. Only buy a c6Z06 if you intend to pull the motor and sell it the first day you get the car or find a Z06 that has a blown up one.

Any other LS questions? I know them quite well and can answer most questions. In the long run dollar for dollar for going fast LS beats duramax every time. That's why my duramax pulls my race truck and not the other way round. You just have to decide what you want out of a car and decide if you can do it all with the dmax

Burst my bubble? hardly...
Lets see, you basicly confirmed what i said about the crank, rods and pistons, however, you stated thy are all aluminium blocks, but you can get them in iron blocks, all the trucks had iron, and iirc, the 4.8 only comes in an iron block? the archetecture between the iron and aluminium blocks is nearly identical, and parts overlap

you were right about the L92 heads not making the 6.0L iron block a 6.2L, however, the L92 head does lower the cr on the 6.0L cuz they were meant to cover a 4.125" bore(therefor having more cc's available in the head itself, i remember it bein between 18-22cc's depending on the gasket used?) and the 6.0L is only 4.025, i think maybe it was 4 even, icr. which is why you brought up the shrouding issue, but the swap can be done and is done regurlarly.

I never said anything about a 1000hp LS engine on 36lb injectors and a single turbo, I was simply stating that, that set up on just about any size LS woud be a credible street machine with good street manners, and daily drive friendly, i had a similar set up on my last truck, it was a procharged 6.0L in a 1500hd with 36lb injectors, it was a pretty quick truck, and that set up or a turbo set up in a vette, camaro, or firebird even a lighter truck would be sweet

wow, you think the LS7 7.0 is the "worst engine ever made" ? hardly.

yes there have been some issues with it, they had some machineing issues in the head, in the valve guide, a specific one spot, it creates louder valvetrain noise and will eventually lead to failure, they are in the process of a recall being issued, but have not gone to red alert cuz they have had great success identifying the affected vehicles, and are covering the repair 100%, other than that, i and many others consider the LS7 to be legendary enough to put into the Z06, and i guess so did GM, so please enlighten me and everyone else as to why "you" consider the LS7 the worst engine ever made:confused:

as for your last comment:spit:, apples to oranges man, you cant compare them in any facit, to try is foolish. 1) the dmax is a diesel...2) the dmax comes as a turbo charged engine, and is like 2x the cost to begin with....3) the duramax engine @ 100K miles is just getting broken in and doubling the horse power output is not really huge concern if done right, and can almost be done with just a tune, an LS engine is starting to break down @ 100k miles and doubling the power output is far more indepth and more expensive than just a efi live tune, and it will never tow like a dmax and wont last half as long

looking at your screen name i assume you have a 6.0L stroker(iron block if you are as smart as you think, not sure what came in the ss silverado) making a displacement of '408'ci, so you are in the LS game right now? so all your info is fresh, i have not even thought about an LS engine in 4years, the most thought i have put into one is buying a vette knowing some variant of an LS is going to be under the hood....so thanks for correcting me and "bursting my bubble" but really all you did was back up what i was "trying" to say with more/better info:thumb:

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Corvette® Museum Delivery, Museum delivery of your new Corvette® is available through your dealer. With this special event, you're first welcomed to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY, with signs commemorating the special day. This is followed by a tour of the assembly plant conducted by your own Corvette Museum Delivery VIP tour guide - check for availability1. Then comes a personal VIP guided tour of the museum which culminates with the viewing of a brand-new Corvette on display – your Corvette. Next, a member of the National Corvette Museum Delivery Team runs you through a thorough orientation, followed by the delivery presentation of your new vehicle. Finally, a unique gold decal is placed on the inside of the driver's door jamb to signify the importance of this memorable occasion.

For more information, visit the National Corvette Museum website at corvettemuseum.org.

1 VIP-guided assembly plant tour is only available through mid-September 2012.

Little high on this option lol it's only 490.00 bucks but you can not have it right now atleast some can not.

ooooopppppsssss, i guess i read it wrong, i will have to go and double check, but i swear it was 4g, my bad thanks for the correction Henry:hug:

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Burst my bubble? hardly...
Lets see, you basicly confirmed what i said about the crank, rods and pistons, however, you stated thy are all aluminium blocks, but you can get them in iron blocks, all the trucks had iron, and iirc, the 4.8 only comes in an iron block? the archetecture between the iron and aluminium blocks is nearly identical, and parts overlap

you were right about the L92 heads not making the 6.0L iron block a 6.2L, however, the L92 head does lower the cr on the 6.0L cuz they were meant to cover a 4.125" bore(therefor having more cc's available in the head itself, i remember it bein between 18-22cc's depending on the gasket used?) and the 6.0L is only 4.025, i think maybe it was 4 even, icr. which is why you brought up the shrouding issue, but the swap can be done and is done regurlarly.

I never said anything about a 1000hp LS engine on 36lb injectors and a single turbo, I was simply stating that, that set up on just about any size LS woud be a credible street machine with good street manners, and daily drive friendly, i had a similar set up on my last truck, it was a procharged 6.0L in a 1500hd with 36lb injectors, it was a pretty quick truck, and that set up or a turbo set up in a vette, camaro, or firebird even a lighter truck would be sweet

wow, you think the LS7 7.0 is the "worst engine ever made" ? hardly.

yes there have been some issues with it, they had some machineing issues in the head, in the valve guide, a specific one spot, it creates louder valvetrain noise and will eventually lead to failure, they are in the process of a recall being issued, but have not gone to red alert cuz they have had great success identifying the affected vehicles, and are covering the repair 100%, other than that, i and many others consider the LS7 to be legendary enough to put into the Z06, and i guess so did GM, so please enlighten me and everyone else as to why "you" consider the LS7 the worst engine ever made:confused:

as for your last comment:spit:, apples to oranges man, you cant compare them in any facit, to try is foolish. 1) the dmax is a diesel...2) the dmax comes as a turbo charged engine, and is like 2x the cost to begin with....3) the duramax engine @ 100K miles is just getting broken in and doubling the horse power output is not really huge concern if done right, and can almost be done with just a tune, an LS engine is starting to break down @ 100k miles and doubling the power output is far more indepth and more expensive than just a efi live tune, and it will never tow like a dmax and wont last half as long

looking at your screen name i assume you have a 6.0L stroker(iron block if you are as smart as you think, not sure what came in the ss trailblazer) making a displacement of '408'ci, so you are in the LS game right now? so all your info is fresh, i have not even thought about an LS engine in 4years, the most thought i have put into one is buying a vette knowing some variant of an LS is going to be under the hood....so thanks for correcting me and "bursting my bubble" but really all you did was back up what i was "trying" to say with more/better info:thumb:

I've been in the "LS Game" since 05, so no not new, I actually bought my duramax to tow my SS Silverado. It's awesome that people are finding the limits of the duramax and they should be! My point is that if you really want to go fast, and that's the sole purpose of that vehicle then hands down go LS, it can't be beaten for the price. My SS has an Iron block but seeing as its only making around 900whp there's no danger of block failure in aluminum or iron. Also, Sorry if you miss understood me about block materials, but I was saying aluminum to iron are the same (as in construction, and that they have the same crank and rods, like actual part numbers are the same except for the 4.8 having diff stroke and rod length.) No the 4.8 never came in aluminum but 5.3 did so you could actually make one if you wanted.

Ls7 is still worst motor in my book (at least out of the LS). The major problem with them is the block doesn't like much over stock HP, they crack sleeves and don't like boost. (8lbs max really) Some people get away with a 150 shot for awhile but they just can't take the cylinder pressure.

As for any LS on 36lb injectors, that's really not much power no mater the cubes or boost. Your looking at 450 wheel maybe before your out of injector. While yes its street-able isn't very powerful IMO. There's plenty of 1000+whp LS cars that are running around that are very street-able. I drove my SS around a lot before I tore it apart and it was a "big motor" nitrous setup, with big cam, compression, and stall. My point was LS world has come a long way since 36lb injectors, heck I remember in high school doing the 42lb 8.1 marine injectors in my SS with my cam and that was huge back then.

Sorry if the "burst your bubble" saying made me sound aggressive or something, it's just a saying I like... I wanted to clear a few things up is all, with knowledge I have from first hand experience and not some bad Internet info. I hope your not as mad as I think you sound right now, It's the Internet and I assure you my tone was light in my first post as it is now :hug:

I really do know quite a bit, and I'm not trying to be the bad kid on the block or anything. I help my friend out at his shop a lot (basically an employee but no pay lol) and he's built some very fast LS trucks and cars like the "worlds fastest TBSS", his personal truck "the redsled" that gave the red dragon a pretty good run at TX2k this year, and some other cars that are out and about. I want to make sure people get good information so they can make good educated decisions.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
:hug:
sounds better, just needed you to fully type out your thoughts, i was merely saying you are currently in the LS culture, and your info is fresh, i wasn't saying you are;)

if I had fully put my thoughts down to begin with you may not have posted the way you did. I was unaware of the LS7's weakness, good to know, but hardly a reason to consider it the worst engine built, maybe the worst choice to build:D

yeah 36lb injectors are pretty small, but i was just trying to create a feasible example, although i thought their limit was closer to 500hp?

i believe you do know your stuff about these engines, its fairly obvious, however i stated many times " i think" in my post you commented on, and that i have been away from the LS for several years so my info was less than credible, and not ot be used as anything other than a thought provoking statement

no worries mate, thanks for going deeper on your thoughts, i value the info you shared

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
So, I did it.....

I put a $500 deposit on a 05 C6 base coupe today. It is a fully loaded coupe, heated seats and mirrors, nav, dual pwr seat, dual climate, heads up display, Z51 suspension pkg with magnetic ride control and larger cross drilled rotors and two tops, one body color one glass.

It only has 17k miles :thumb:

I am really excited:woott:

Wish me luck...now I have to get financed:baby::roflmao:

The car I am purchasing through my local Chevy dealer, but they bought it from a private party online, from Ogden Utah and it has not been transported yet, so no pics yet, hell I have only seen five pics

The current/previous owner took such good care of this car....it sat in a heated garage, he put a bra on it when he drove it, he had a close up of the bumper with a wide angle HD camera and it looks brand new, he bought the car new, I will be the second owner:cool: