LMM: 1000rwhp duramax build.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
what do u think? id like to see 1200ish...150-200s?
If you are wanting the power then go big. I was just telling you what to expect. It is nearly impossible to keep it as clean as what you would like. Brett us running 175 overs I believe and he is making 1700-1800 at the engine. Mine is a lb7 and I have 200 over in it. The truck drives fine but I have to be more careful so I don't smoke someone more than they want to be. Outside the truck some say it doesn't smoke that much but my mirror tells me differently. It is all relative to many variables and takes some time to dial it in for the various driving conditions. I would probably stay at 150 overs if I were to change again.

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
This setup just went 1130 no correction. Same setup on a LMM a year ago went 1053 on two stock pumps. This setup has scene 100 psi n both were street trucks. The LML we believe could go 1200+ with two stock cp3 rather then cp4 n put a set of pistons in it.

https://www.facebook.com/empireperfeng

With more left on the table and making 85+ Psi of boost this street truck is ready to return to its owner. It was decided in our best interest to put a cap on it. We firmly believe this truck and setup could touch 1200hp.

-Built Motor by Empire Performance Engineering
- RR Connecting Rods
- Stock Cut and De Lipped Pistons (road block to pushing truck farther)
- Stage 2 Valve Train and Push Rods by Empire Performance Engineering
- Stock Un Ported Heads
- Cam Shaft Stage 2 Empire Performance Engineering
Turbo Kit
- Turbo from Precision Turbo & Engine PT88 atmosphere HP71 High Pressure using one Precision 46mm Wastegate.
- Turbo Kit done by Empire Performance Engineering
Fuel System
- Stock CP4 with H&S Motorsports dual pump kit Using Stock Displacement CP3
- 100% over Bosch Motorsports Nozzles
- Air Dog 165 gph Lift pump.
Transmission
- Fully Built SunCoast Performance Transmission.
Tuning Provided by
- MOTOR OPS using EFI Live Software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
what are your guys thoughts on 250 injectors 472/87 and gtx 5541 for streetability?

It sucks. I mean you can drive it around and stuff with no problem, but itll be a laggy smokey pig. It is a really fun setup above 60mph, and i only have first hand experince with 100s. 250s would be make silly power, until your crank breaks. :D

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Ok so 200% over it is. I'll need to get the gt45 out.. How much lag is the 45 over the gtx42.. I want to daily drive this thing..

It'll have more lag obviously, but it'll be daily drivable. I think it really comes down to your expectations. I drive my S480 on the street and with modified shift tables it functions perfectly for me. Now I don't plan on throwing 10K behind it, so if you're not towing it should be fine.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
It'll have more lag obviously, but it'll be daily drivable. I think it really comes down to your expectations. I drive my S480 on the street and with modified shift tables it functions perfectly for me. Now I don't plan on throwing 10K behind it, so if you're not towing it should be fine.

I also drive an s480 single daily and with my suncoast 1055 and tcm tweaks (raised shift points) it drives very nice. I love it!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Just wondering. How are they with driving a smoking truck down the street over there? If it's lax then why worry about it.

Curious, how much is diesel down there?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Mine is a lb7 and I have 200 over in it. The truck drives fine but I have to be more careful so I don't smoke someone more than they want to be. Outside the truck some say it doesn't smoke that much but my mirror tells me differently.
I have found that the smoke looks allot thicker looking at it through the mirror. Your looking down the length of the trail. Get someone to drive it for you while you watch, I volunteer :hug:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
1.50 aud right? So almost 5usd a gallon

I've paid that much here. I know the feeling.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk