10 years in a Duramax

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
I still have my 2004 LB7. It's been babied most of it's like ... heck, only has like 65k on it. But, I can still relate to how it's part of the family. Most "orindinary people" don't get it, only use true gear heads can appreciate that kind of love.

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
Your early posts about Big Blue were a motivator for me to get my LLY a few month later.

Thank you. :)

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
That's the sappest thing I ever heard. Never thought I see McRat type Cole's name in anything without at least a F#@K you in front of it. :D BTW I have red Woolrich coat I bought in 1972 I feel the same way about. :thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Seems a lot of us started our Duramax journey back in '03. Lots of good memories and lots of great friends. I've watched a lot of you guys grow old. I, on the other hand have managed to remain young. :jerkit::roflmao::D

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
This week is Big Blue's 10th Birthday....

I'm not a Camry guy. A vehicle is more to me than just a set of tires that go places. I get into a personal relationship with my cars and trucks. I hate to say it, but I LOVE.....!

I'm with you man:hug:
Glad you still have Blue, and you're still around in the community:thumb:

That C5 was pretty BTW ;)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
That's the sappest thing I ever heard. Never thought I see McRat type Cole's name in anything without at least a F#@K you in front of it. :D BTW I have red Woolrich coat I bought in 1972 I feel the same way about. :thumb:

Hmmm... I'll have to check the AutoCorrect. It should have caught that. :confused:

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
Very well said Pat. Thank you.

I love my LLY. It has never let me down and I never plan to sell it. I don't drive it daily now but I could. I love it more now than when I drove it off the dealers lot in 2005.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
My first truck was almost a used arrival blue lly after following Pats' and others' posts. But I held out for a new LBZ when I heard about the improvements.

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
That's awesome I love my truck like my kid as well it has had problems but that's due to its owner Not trucks fault. And The day I paid it off was like a ton of. Bricks lifted off my shoulders. I just love my d max ( miss it so much ) due to it getting fixed as I type but owell it will be fixed right !!!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Was? I will never sell the Meanie :D Can't wait for Allison to get her license so I can start driving him again :driving:

Oh, cool:thumb:

I thought I read that you guys sold/traded it when you got....a cts-v or a C6 Z06 or somethin??

My bad, and now you guys are droppin a Z06 engine into it? Way cool:woott:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Oh, cool:thumb:

I thought I read that you guys sold/traded it when you got....a cts-v or a C6 Z06 or somethin??

My bad, and now you guys are droppin a Z06 engine into it? Way cool:woott:

We have way too many vesicles:eek:

Actually it will be a downgrade. It's a stock engine. The one in him right now is not quite so stock :rofl:

The first mod on the Meanie was ET Streets and Skinny's:driving:

Attachments

• Fontana0818kat.JPG
    Fontana0818kat.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 26

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you did show-up at the dyno day for a few minutes...it was raining then just like today:D

I was there and still have the same truck...no plans to sell her :thumb: