LLY: 06 LLY Part Deux meet "Snow"

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I hate it when oil chaining places do that!!:mad:
My wife had an 05 explorer and before we got married I would change the oil on it. First time I changed it, I had to do the same thing. The screw driver was over a foot long and I almost bent the screw driver removing it; I couldn't believe it.

I've got some 2" spacer if you're not happy with the 1.5" when you get them on.

Yellowchevy

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Holy cow them are some big ol wheels

They should fit the built perfect.

My wife had an 05 explorer and before we got married I would change the oil on it. First time I changed it, I had to do the same thing. The screw driver was over a foot long and I almost bent the screw driver removing it; I couldn't believe it.

Yellowchevy

Dang thats the way they do it. I am sure the dealer had it changed when they picked it up. Sh*t filter so I know it probably had sh*t oil in it.

1.5" should be perfect honestly. Thanks for the offer.

Screw drivers ain't nothing. Wait until you tear the filter in half and have to a pipe wrench on it.

I would have been way pissed if that happened.

Well after the family BBQ, the skies cleared and so I thought I would give Snow a bath. Welllll I didn't quite beat the second round of rain, BUT it is still cleaner than it was.

All the white vehicles. I need more garage space......

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
So the powdercoat is officially ordered. They had a glitch on the "bronzes" in the system and I was able to order the amount I needed. Hope to have it this week.

Also sent my headlights out to Longshot Lighting for a TRS H1 6.0 RetroFit.

Hoping to send it off to color match and debadging next week.

divemonster

Sep 12, 2014

Yellowchevy
Hey man pm me about the wheel spacers if you don't mind.

2007 classic duramax CCSB with
Automatic 6 speed Allison

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Test fit the wheels tonight. Going to require some trimming to the valance. I love the way they look so off to powder tomorrow.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Well she has rolled 12,000 miles. I have put roughly 1,200 miles on it since it was delivered. I couldn't be happier that I switched back to a classic truck. I am averaging right at 7 mpg more than my LML, 5 mpg more towing.

And even hand calculating this is almost spot on.

A couple of sneak peeks of the way the headlights will turn out from LSL.

The samples of the powder showed up after the powder arrived. I am glad I picked the Bronze Chrome (far left).