06 LBZ P0087 Headache

Kdub613

Sep 21, 2023
CA
I agree. This is what we all thought back in 2023 as well.

I'm wondering if the new injectors masked the problem some and it's finally popping back up.
You guys think putting in a new CP3 and flashing the ECM? At that point, what else is there? The entire fuel system is new.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
You guys think putting in a new CP3 and flashing the ECM? At that point, what else is there? The entire fuel system is new.
I don't think you need to flash the ECM, just replace the CP3 and go from there. If there is a possibility of it being tune related, flashing back to stock might be a free troubleshooting step before spending cash.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I don't think you need to flash the ECM, just replace the CP3 and go from there. If there is a possibility of it being tune related, flashing back to stock might be a free troubleshooting step before spending cash.
I agree. Flashing back to stock (if he has an AutoCal/FlashScan) is a cheap and free diagnostic point but I don't think that's the culprit.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Kdub613

Sep 21, 2023
CA
I agree. Flashing back to stock (if he has an AutoCal/FlashScan) is a cheap and free diagnostic point but I don't think that's the culprit.
thanks guys! I just spoke a local diesel shop, going to get a estimate to have them swap out the CP3. They also want to look at flow rates first and a few other things before jumping to a CP3.

Definitely keep everyone posted.

Also, I really do appreciate the guidance and advice from the forum.

Reactions: Bdsankey

Kdub613

Sep 21, 2023
CA
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but wanted to follow up. Truck was at the diesel shop for 3 weeks. They ran every test possible and all completely checked out.

They were checking wiring and noticed I hooked up a Glow Shift Gauge to the Lift Pump and it was determined where I connected the gauge and sensor wiring was drawing power away from the trucks 5 volt system and the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor took the hit.

I removed the gauge and all wiring, truck runs flawless.

At the end of the day, I want to say thank you all for your help, guidance, support and patience on this matter. I hope this forum helps someone out.

Reactions: Bdsankey and N2BRK