zf6 torque rating

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I had a guy here at almost 1400ftp back in 05 with a South Bend pulling clutch in it. Still is driving fine today. Personally i wanted to have an extra sitting in the shop just in case. turned out being no need. Would this be every ones luck? I don't know and hard to say. Not sure anyone has found the true damage point the truck can be taken to.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I had a guy here at almost 1400ftp back in 05 with a South Bend pulling clutch in it. Still is driving fine today. Personally i wanted to have an extra sitting in the shop just in case. turned out being no need. Would this be every ones luck? I don't know and hard to say. Not sure anyone has found the true damage point the truck can be taken to.

01duramax6spd blew his up at 1000-1100ft lbs, but thats because he has 500,000 miles on it and regularly tows like 8 million pounds GCWR.

ben

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
01duramax6spd blew his up at 1000-1100ft lbs, but thats because he has 500,000 miles on it and regularly tows like 8 million pounds GCWR.

ben

Kyle also run a 500hp tune (single tune) for most of it's life as well when doing all this towing Ben (hard life for sure).

I'm talking about Deadeyes lifted 02 ec sb 2500hd. It ran quite a bit with N2O and quite a few other goodies. He was the pioneer with SouthBend (Peter) to get the HD clutches out to the public. I remember all the trouble and testing it was.

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Jon swartzentruber (sp?) whose a pretty competitive 2.8/3.0 Puller in the IN, OH, KY area. He's busted one also if I remember correctly it was while running high side of xcase n low gear. Mark broviak has a lot to do with the truck.

So, seems like when these break, it's the shaft(s) that let go. When's someone gonna make a better replacement n see what the other parts can take? :D

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Jon swartzentruber (sp?) whose a pretty competitive 2.8/3.0 Puller in the IN, OH, KY area. He's busted one also if I remember correctly it was while running high side of xcase n low gear. Mark broviak has a lot to do with the truck.

So, seems like when these break, it's the shaft(s) that let go. When's someone gonna make a better replacement n see what the other parts can take? :D

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Towing in 6th at high power levels is probably what got mine. 6th gear went,the rest of the trans still worked :D.

You can get a billet input or a cryo'd input. Not sure on an output but I'm sure you can have one cryo'd. I'm going to get a cryo'd input from SoGrand cause mine now has almost 202K and is worn where the clutch disc's wear on it :(. Hopefully I can get another 200K out of it now.