LB7: zf6 question?

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
I am having trouble with the south bend clutch in my truck. Its an 02 with a SB DD and about every two weeks I am flushing new fluid through the clutch cylinder cause it will black it out. This last time I did it there was heavier black sediment laying in the bottom of the cup after I flushed new fluid through it. The clutch never has disengaged all the way when I press the pedal but its far enough to get it into gear just takes a second for it to fall into gear. Sometimes when Im pulling up to a stop with the pedal pressed in the clutch will momentarily reengage and then kick back out or at times if im idling along it will just stick and not separate at all. The clutch holds just fine and doesnt slip a bit. It seems to me the line is coming apart from the inside and it is maybe bulging when I press the pedal down. Not sure on this but it seems feesable. After I flush new fluid in it it will work somewhat better for a few days and then go back to shit and I will have to flush it again. Has anyone else had trouble like this? thanks in advance mike

jon5212

Oct 13, 2010
Did you have the slave cylinder replaced when the clutch went in? How does the hydraulic line look? Is it leaking at all?

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Did you have the slave cylinder replaced when the clutch went in? How does the hydraulic line look? Is it leaking at all?

From what I was told when I bought the truck they said it had a new slave installed. The line leaks no fluid at all.

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
similar issues here with my SB-DDMAX kit put in in feb. Put new slave and master on when it was tore apart.

Clutch holds, but can sometimes be an issue to get into gear still, especially after longer drives. Pedal gets stiff but doesn't slip a bit. Kind of lost really as i checked all lines yesterday and not a drop was found nor was there a loose connection.

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
similar issues here with my SB-DDMAX kit put in in feb. Put new slave and master on when it was tore apart.

Clutch holds, but can sometimes be an issue to get into gear still, especially after longer drives. Pedal gets stiff but doesn't slip a bit. Kind of lost really as i checked all lines yesterday and not a drop was found nor was there a loose connection.

I noticed that mine gets worse when hot. Also the warmer it gets the more likely it is to disengage then briefly reengage and disengage when pushing in the pedal in when coming to a stop. Hope someone chimes in that has an idea.

02DMAXONT

The Situation
Sep 8, 2010
Erin, Ont
hey make sure you are using a super high temp dot 4 brake fluid (well over 550) on long drives low temp brake fluid will boild in the slave cylinder. Also make sure there is no play in the pushrod at the pedal.. if you need anymore help with these clutch systems im glad to help