ZF6 Clutch Master & Slave Cylinder

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Any pictures and specs would be AWESOME. In particular, I'm wondering what the bore size and throw of the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder are.

IIRC, that stupid master cylinder is attached to the firewall via some kind of BS twist on crap rather than bolted on. :rolleyes: I'm hoping the one already in the 83 is close enough ratio to work. If not, I get to have fun trying to figure out how to get the new one afixed to the firewall of an 83 truck. :eek:

Part numbers for each would be nice too I guess. :D

Thanks.

Tired Old Man

Aug 15, 2007
Where ever the wind blows
Any pictures and specs would be AWESOME. In particular, I'm wondering what the bore size and throw of the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder are.

IIRC, that stupid master cylinder is attached to the firewall via some kind of BS twist on crap rather than bolted on. :rolleyes: I'm hoping the one already in the 83 is close enough ratio to work. If not, I get to have fun trying to figure out how to get the new one afixed to the firewall of an 83 truck. :eek:

Part numbers for each would be nice too I guess. :D

Thanks.

The slave is the throwout Brg

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
thanks and yes, I've noticed that. I'm really needing specs on the master cylinder to see if the one in the 83 is close to it or if I need to get something else.

thanks

Dazedandconfused

Lost in the diesel smoke.
Jul 26, 2007
Nothern Ky
Hey Mitch remember the 94 and so Dodge trucks master cylinder is a bolt on. You would have to figure out the stroke on the cylinder and how to make the line work. I know on those masters the line slides in with a o-ring and a roll pin holds it tight. I cant recall how the newer GMs work on the slave. Its like a high preasure fuel line I believe.