Zf-6 CCSB single piece driveshaft conversion

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I am looking to convert the drive shaft in my truck to a one piece. I have been calling around different drive train shops in the nation to get the best price on one built so I can retain my 1480 series U-joints. Merchant automotive's website shows the slip yokes as 30 spline but one of the guys who builds them tells me my transfer is for sure a 31. Also, he says it can go in any direction but I could have sworn it has a key so it can only go two ways. Can anyone confirm this? Also, if anyone else knows a reputable shop that can do it for a good price let me know. Nothing I can find is as cheap as buying GM/Spicer's one piece for the allison CCSB and changing out the 1480 yoke to fit it.

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Well, the best quote I got is 750 shipped. This is 1.20 aluminum wall tubing which would be quite a bit stronger than gm's one piece. Also, this would include the new nickel plated yoke and be balanced before shipped. Another benefit would be retaining my 1480 series U-joints so it should make for a really solid one piece conversion. Does this sound reasonable? Also, he told me one thing I need to make sure is my working angles are very close between the diff input and transfer output. Anyone know an easy way to check these? Also, can the trans mount be shimmed with washers etc in order to change it? I don't really want to mess with wedging the rear axle.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Adm in Indianapolis makes some sweet ass heavy duty aluminum shafts check them out. I've got one it is sick. Plus their customer service is great