wtf do some people think!

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
ive just go to vent a little. so im trying to sell my truck and not having much luck. i know its hard to get money back out of these things, but ive went from asking 60k to now lowering the price to 40k firm. anyone that knows the truck knows its well worth that. well i had some asshat call me tonight and the first thing out of his mouth was..."what kinda chip that thing got?" i was like it doesnt have a chip its got custom tuning by a guy out of conneticut and has over 10hrs in seat tuning time. then his next question was "what kinda intake does it have?" i told him that it has 2 afe filters for the triples and he said .."oh, well why does it have 2 intakes?" then proceeded to offer me 30k. i quickly said hell no and hung up on him. i just dont understand sometimes.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I got that a lot the first time I tried selling my LBZ back in 2010. Had 5-6 locals come to look at it, asked me the same questions, if it had a edge or why it had 2 boost gauges with one turbo. Totally understand where your coming from.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
I got that a lot the first time I tried selling my LBZ back in 2010. Had 5-6 locals come to look at it, asked me the same questions, if it had a edge or why it had 2 boost gauges with one turbo. Totally understand where your coming from.

its just so damn stupid. why would call about something and for 1 not know a damn thing about it and for 2 at the time i had it posted for 50k so he offered me 20k less then asking price. when i say obo i dont know why people think that means ill take almost half of asking price. i mean really!!!

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
I hate selling anything...period. Not because I want to keep it, but exactly what you are talking about. That and other dumbassery that goes along with it.

PS.

Will you finance the truck? I'll give you $5k down, and as soon as my uncle gets out of prison, and sends me the money he owes me I'll give you another $300. I can pay you $80 a check.

;)

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
I hate selling anything...period. Not because I want to keep it, but exactly what you are talking about. That and other dumbassery that goes along with it.

PS.

Will you finance the truck? I'll give you $5k down, and as soon as my uncle gets out of prison, and sends me the money he owes me I'll give you another $300. I can pay you $80 a check.

;)

:spit::spit::spit: thats funny but i really think that is what some people think. the bad thing is they reproduce!

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
You should have told him it had 2 edge tuners stacked with a bullydog and banks:roflmao: Then told him it had a 16 inch intake that made it whistle real loud! If you told him all that he probably would have paid your asking price!

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i had another idiot call me and say..." what all does it have done to it?" after i got done telling him the laundry list of mods he said whats you bottom dollar? i told him i would take 55 for it. (at the time that is what i was asking) and he had the nerve to say "fifty five hundred or fifty five thousand?" he got hung up on too

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
hahahaha........fifty five hundred
should have told him you've got over 5500 in turbos under the hood, and then called him a dumb bitch, then hung up on him

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
You have a very unique truck and therefore you have a hard sell ahead of you. That said, just because you have big money in your truck doesn't make it worth more than a stock one. I dont fault a guy low balling you, I do it often as I have cash. Never know who needs money and how bad. Sucks but I don't make the rules.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
You have a very unique truck and therefore you have a hard sell ahead of you. That said, just because you have big money in your truck doesn't make it worth more than a stock one. I dont fault a guy low balling you, I do it often as I have cash. Never know who needs money and how bad. Sucks but I don't make the rules.

You are correct but also there is also someone that is looking for a truck that is already modded so they dont have to spend all that money! For example ME! I bought Brians truck because it was exactly what i wanted and already had built trans. turbo etc...... So i paid pretty much the same price as a stock truck would sell for but got mine with a shit ton of upgrades.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008

so you must be one of those people that im refering to in this thread...nice:thumb:

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
hahahaha........fifty five hundred
should have told him you've got over 5500 in turbos under the hood, and then called him a dumb bitch, then hung up on him

thats what i told the last guy that called when he asked if i would take 30. i told him i just paid 9k for the triples that are on it.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
maybe when you talk to them, give them prices on what some of the big things cost...that will probably open their eyes alot.