Won't start. P0381

D-MaxMike

Jul 26, 2014
Bonney Lake, Wa
05 dmax cc sb. Last night I installed my 4x4 harness I got from Ben Tyler, Simple install. Had to open fuse box (in engine bay) to install a wire, After I was finished I started her up, drove to the store then to gas station to fill up, came home parked her, drove great, woke up this morning and no dice. No GP light, no check engine light when key is on.
Replaced glow plug module back in August 2014,

Not sure exactly how to check relay in GP module, any help would be appreciated.

Hope my ecm didn't die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
Wouldn't think glow plugs would keep it from starting but I've never had a failure when it's cold outside. There should be a big fuse for the glow plugs in between the driver side battery and fuse box, you'll have to remove the fuse box housing in order to get to it, check for power on both sides, and make sure all fuses are good in the fuse box while you're there. It's a mega fuse with lugs on both sides, can't remember the amperage off the top of my head but it's hefty I do remember that.

D-MaxMike

Jul 26, 2014
Bonney Lake, Wa
Thanks for the reply. Had it towed to the dealer. When key was turned to ON had no dash lights other then "brake". Light. Been told ecm is fried but I'm still able to get code p0381 out of it so don't know if the source is correct. Waiting to hear back from dealer. Just odd i drive it last night and this morning it's dead. "Headache" been searching "p0381 no start" and getting a bunch of answer including bad ignition switch so I'll update when I hear from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk