Windows Tablet / Gauges

gaphillips75

Jan 25, 2015
Terre Haute, Indiana
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, please move if not.

I’m thinking about molding in a windows based tablet into my dash as a radio and hopefully gauge package. I also plan to use as my EFI live tuner. I assume I still need the Flash scan V2. Correct me if I’m wrong. Does EFI live have a gauge package on windows or does anyone else make software for this?

Last edited:

gaphillips75

Jan 25, 2015
Terre Haute, Indiana
Yes that's what I'm going to do but I'm looking for info on running a gauge package on the touch screen instead of actual analog gauges or something like a cts. I want it to tie into EFI Live also. Does EFI Live have a gauge package built in that I can use or does anyone else make a software package to do this

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
What are the minimal requirements to run efi live software?i imagine tablet would have to be able to run it and im guessing it would have to be windows os unless efi supports android but i would be up for using a tablet just for my deck and navigation i can hack the crap out of any tablet.i have my old gaming labtop that im thinking of strickly using for efi and my truck its only a 15 inch so not hard to tuck away when not needed.but if there is way to do it with a tablet and not have a bunch of lag i would so be down to try that.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
No I have not heard of dash command. I will look into it though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just to clarify because I personally don't use the app but I think it's for iPhones and iPads. I know they have similar apps for androids too, not sure what exact tablet you plan to run or if it's one of those new tablet pc laptop devices.. Just trying to point you in the right direction really.

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
FlashScan V2 Quick Start
www.efilive.com
[email protected]
PC/Laptop Specification
Configuration
Recommended
Minimum
CPU type
Pentium class CPU
(Includes AMD and Cyrix)
Pentium class CPU
(Includes AMD and Cyrix)
CPU speed
800MHz or faster
500MHz
Free
memory
64Mb or more
32Mb
Free
hard disk space
100Mb or more
100Mb
I/O port
2 x USB 1.1 or 2.0
USB 1.1
Pointing device
Mouse, trackball, touch pad, etc.
Keyboard
Standard PC keyboard
Screen
Standard PC Screen
at least 1024x768
Operating System
Windows 7
Windows XP
PC configurations that are
below
the recommended configuration may not support
the full features of EFILive.
Free memory means memory that is not already in use by
other applications
Free hard disk space means space that is not already in use by
other applications
Two USB po
rts are only required
while
upgrading fr
om FlashScan V1 to
FlashScan V2, otherwise only one USB port is required

gaphillips75

Jan 25, 2015
Terre Haute, Indiana
I'm looking at the gigabyte S1080 with windows 10. 2gb memory 328 gb hard drive one 2.0 USB one 3.0 USB also has either net, hdmi, Bluetooth 3.0

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, please move if not.

I’m thinking about molding in a windows based tablet into my dash as a radio and hopefully gauge package. I also plan to use as my EFI live tuner. I assume I still need the Flash scan V2. Correct me if I’m wrong. Does EFI live have a gauge package on windows or does anyone else make software for this?

Like this.?
=
=
=
11bnejp.jpg

=
=
=
=
=

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
ok so i got my brothers super neardy techy ass into this and we were able to get efi live software to work fine on his windows based tablet but it also is running a full version of windows like a labtop would .one of my roomates has a generic 150 dollar windows tablet ima try to steal off him and see if it runs on that.obviously wont run on android at lest i don think it will so im not even gonna try cause we never got android tablets to take windows os but we can get windows tablets to run android fine but anyway.im guessing as long as u meet the super low requirements and its a full version of windows it will work fine on a tablet.will try my friends cheapy walmart tablet when he gets here with it.but yeah displayed that same screen with guages just fine.