Who’s in SoCal, Temucula Area?

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Who’s in the Temucula area?
Needing some info on salvage yards and parts houses down in the Temucula area. Our team got selected as one of the four competing teams (Horsepowerwars.com) for a 10 day, $10k drag car build off/TV show in July, and need to get our ducks in a line.

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Not sure on yards as I do the Pick your Part stuff.

What will you need?

I know there is Santa Fe Auto Salvage Near Menifee.

and Valley Auto Salvage in San Jacinto.

Otherwise there is some stuff in riverside which is about 40 miles north or so Temecula.

There will be more yards about 30 miles South Down in Escondido area.

There is a Mega F-ton of yards down by the San Diego Border in the Otay mesa area near Brown Airfield. about 75 miles south of temecula.

They part things out going into Mexico. There is a huge Copart on the border. By law they can't Bring a vehicle into Mexico unless its complete, running, and legally registered with all the proper paperwork.

Or you could get stuff from LKQ, They have yards all over the state. There is a bunch of Salavge yards in the Orange County/ LA area. Especially near the port of long beach.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Just depends what car we end up with. They have six cars already selected, with a competition on day 1 to see what team gets picking order. If we get stuck with a junk drivetrain, we will most likely look for an 07+ LS and 90’s Explorer rear diff, then order a trans built from Summit, and either boost it or spray the shit out of it. I found a guy yesterday on CL 25mi away from Temucula that parts LS engines all the time, be nice if he had something ready. thanks for the info.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Ah, wasn't sure if you were doing a diesel or gas build or if you even knew what the vehicle was going to be yet.

If it ends up being GMT800 related keep me in mind. :D

I am still acquiring all my LBZ parts for the swap on my LLY. Ended up needing to source the rest through the dealer. Typical Craigs List flakes...