Who's got decent LB7 towing/mileage tunes?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
2003 truck, 044 O/S, 30% injectors, no lift pump...

Looking for a mileage tune and/or tow tune, or advice on how to make one myself.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
My tow tune was around 1650 Us when I had my 30 overs.

Josh' calculator helped a lot and I used 30% as a reference for BTDC.

Ed04zf6

Ed04zf6
Oct 21, 2012
Nh
I have Idaho Robs tunes that im very happy with. The tow tune with 15000 pds behind i can't break 1150 egt. And my street mileage tune i have got 26 mpg with an average of 23.

hecatti

Jul 21, 2010
finland
I have Idaho Robs tunes that im very happy with. The tow tune with 15000 pds behind i can't break 1150 egt. And my street mileage tune i have got 26 mpg with an average of 23.

may I ask, is this hand calculated?
I get 13, and I drive like grandpa with DDP- mileage tune, maybe winter blend is on to blame :confused:

dansdieselp

Diesel Tuner
Apr 3, 2009
Marengo, IL
may I ask, is this hand calculated?
I get 13, and I drive like grandpa with DDP- mileage tune, maybe winter blend is on to blame :confused:

Winter fuel will drop mpg a little, but not 13. Something else is hurting your economy. Air filter, fuel filter, big tires, lift, injectors, weak cp3, etc could all be factors that could hurt mpg.

hecatti

Jul 21, 2010
finland
Hello, and thaks for info to maf sensor.
I have no any means to hijack this thread, but if I can have more info on this?
I have no lift , stock size tires, engine rebuild passed 8K miles for now , within rebuild put BD supermax turbo kit , injectors balanced, new valves and guides, new bearings, piston rings , main studs.
everything looks good ,runs like a champ, no leaks , balance rates round 0.x, Boost 3 psi @ 50mph
fuel consumption looks like to be same before and after build.

I was wondering , is there any possibilities to tweak my tcm make converter to lock at light throttle 3 and 4 gear also like tow/haul- mode , but lower shift points to help my mileage up?
In here fuel costs 7,63 USD/ gal, so any help I´ll be appreciate

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Hello, and thaks for info to maf sensor.
I have no any means to hijack this thread, but if I can have more info on this?
I have no lift , stock size tires, engine rebuild passed 8K miles for now , within rebuild put BD supermax turbo kit , injectors balanced, new valves and guides, new bearings, piston rings , main studs.
everything looks good ,runs like a champ, no leaks , balance rates round 0.x, Boost 3 psi @ 50mph
fuel consumption looks like to be same before and after build.

I was wondering , is there any possibilities to tweak my tcm make converter to lock at light throttle 3 and 4 gear also like tow/haul- mode , but lower shift points to help my mileage up?
In here fuel costs 7,63 USD/ gal, so any help I´ll be appreciate

Yep its all available in the TCM tune. I have my race tune set to lock in 3&4 when throttle is over 60%.

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
I just got ridge runner tunes and love them my mi tune is 25 to 26 mpgs and still a real fun tune as well and my tow tune has a great amount of power without the high egts by fare the best tunes I have ever had and his customer service is the best I have ever got and the good old moonshine tune is brutal lol

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Tom I'll build you one since you spend all day delivering my packages... :thumb:

Thats a very good, very smooth tune, Steve. Thank you very much. :thumb: I'll get you info on mileage and performance from our trip this next week.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Thats a very good, very smooth tune, Steve. Thank you very much. :thumb: I'll get you info on mileage and performance from our trip this next week.

Please do report back! I'm certain we can squeeze a little more MPG out of it even still!