White smoke?

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
I have recenlty noticed my truck will white smoke when in drive and not moving. It starts to do this after about 10 or 15 seconds (like sitting at a stop light) it does not smoke when started or when left to idle in park or neutral. I used a bottle of injector cleaner and it seemed to lessen the smoke but not cure it. Im really pissed because I just bought the truck 2 months ago and it started this in the last couple weeks. 142K miles any suggestions would be great

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
I personally don't have a diagnostic tool. There is a local diesel shop Twisted Diesel but he is mainly into power strokes so ive been reluctant to do any business with him.

Stevenmc89

Dec 22, 2012
Enterprise, Al
It's gonna be hard to diagnose it without out balance rates and all. I would suggest going to the dealer or a local shop and just pay the 80 dollar diagnostic charge and get a scanner or tec II hooked up and report the info back to us because without some numbers all we can do is make guesses and you throw parts at it

christopherglenn

Aug 26, 2012
Watch the outside temps. It could be as simple as cold weather cooling the exhaust pipe & exhaust coming out of it causing the water vapor in the exhaust to be visible.

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
well verdict is in i got one bad injector. next step is to replace injectors. I really dont have the money to drop on all eight right now. I was wondering if it would hurt if i changed two at a time over the next six months.

LReiff

bad ground
Oct 2, 2010
Replace 4 at a time, one whole bank. You'll understand why I say that once you have the old injectors out.