LBZ: Whine after Duel Fuelers?

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
I installed my PPE kit over the weekend, and now under load i'm getting a whining noise. Last night while test driving it happened at 3k rpm, this morning when I took it to work it happened around 2k under load. I cant replicate in neutral. Its very similar to the noise a stereo makes when improperly grounded. Im going to post a video from my phone, try to weed out the turbo and listed to the whine.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I installed my PPE kit over the weekend, and now under load i'm getting a whining noise. Last night while test driving it happened at 3k rpm, this morning when I took it to work it happened around 2k under load. I cant replicate in neutral. Its very similar to the noise a stereo makes when improperly grounded. Im going to post a video from my phone, try to weed out the turbo and listed to the whine.

My truck does the same thing and it irritates the hell out of me. I think there is interference in the wiring somewhere but no mater what I move I can not get rid of the whirring sound. Mine is 100% coming through the stereo

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
My truck does the same thing and it irritates the hell out of me. I think there is interference in the wiring somewhere but no mater what I move I can not get rid of the whirring sound. Mine is 100% coming through the stereo

Mine isn't coming through the stereo, mine is in the engine bay

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
The noise wasn't there before I put the fuelers on. I guess it could be a coincidence. I replaced them when I built my motor.
only thing still factory is the tensioner

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Is it possible the Dual pumps' added more load to the pulley system and now a weak link is showing itself, since Trojan find's his noise through the stereo?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I lined it up by sight, is there a better way to do it?

a 1 foot metal ruler works well. put the end so ruler crosses the dual fueler pulley wheel at two points and see where it lands against the a/c compressor as well as the power steering. the ruler wont land perfectly on the a/c pulley if your going off the outer face of the fueler pulley but you just want the line the ruler creates to be parallel to the edge of the a/c pulley edge face. same with the power steering pulley. two rulers help a bit more for a visual.

that noise sounds like a pump whine though. if you unplug the regulator at idle, can you get the noise?

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
a 1 foot metal ruler works well. put the end so ruler crosses the dual fueler pulley wheel at two points and see where it lands against the a/c compressor as well as the power steering. the ruler wont land perfectly on the a/c pulley if your going off the outer face of the fueler pulley but you just want the line the ruler creates to be parallel to the edge of the a/c pulley edge face. same with the power steering pulley. two rulers help a bit more for a visual.

that noise sounds like a pump whine though. if you unplug the regulator at idle, can you get the noise?

Got it, that's what I was planning on doing, hopefully its off, that's an easy fix ...