While I'm Making CP3 Controllers..

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Anyone else interested?

I don't have the connectors, so they will have to be spliced in.

I'm making a couple for others and will end up with a few extra to pawn off.

Should work well for the do it yourself dual CP3 Crowd.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
For those that want to build their own.

attachment.php

Last edited:

duramaxsandwich

Mar 30, 2009
Anyone else interested?

I don't have the connectors, so they will have to be spliced in.

I'm making a couple for others and will end up with a few extra to pawn off.

Should work well for the do it yourself dual CP3 Crowd.

My brother found the part #'s for the male connectors that plug into the regulators when we made the triple controller for my truck, i could see if he still has the part #'s if you're interested.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I'll have to run that diagram passed my mom. She used to build PCB's for a living. If she doesn't want to make it then put my name on the list for building one as well.

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Triples are easy, but they might be a bit twitchy.

If you dont mind sharing more? What are the challenges associated with triple cp3s? With my new injectors I may need more fuel than what my twin lbz cp3s can supply. I like the idea of triple stock pumps opposed to dual modded pumps. seems like it would be cheaper and more reliable>

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I think the reason Jon says that triples will be touchy, is because you are exaggerating every single little control 'movement/adjustment' that the ECM does. The ECM PID ('closed loop') control of the factory CP3 was never designed to work properly with more than 1 CP3. We can kinda get away with it with 2 CP3's, but In order to smoothly control three CP3's, I would think it would be more ideal to "buffer" and "smooth/dampen" the signal to the 2nd and 3rd CP3's. Use the stock CP3 for the quick response, and then smoothly/progressively ramp in the 2nd and 3rd CP3's as needed...a "smart" controller if you will.

If I were making a triple CP3 controller, I would probably use the analog method for the 1st and 2nd CP3's, and then add an "as-needed" demand-based smart control for the 3rd one (a controller that looks at throttle %, rpm, and actual rail pressure, and then brings in the 3rd CP3 as needed)

JMO. Jon, correct me if im wrong.

Ben