Which tune level for stock LML with stock trans?

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Ordered delete parts for my LML. Going to order tuning from Ridge Runner, can't decide which power level to go with. Truck has stock trans that I would like to keep stock for a long time. Looking for recommendations for power levels for two scenarios: 1 - no lift pump, no line pressure controller, and 2 - Kennedy twin pumps and BT line pressure controller. Truck is a DD and does occasional towing. Primary reason for tuning is removing the dead pedal, and the increased fuel economy from the delete is a nice side benefit.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
With lift pump and line controller, I'm pushing 13k miles and haven't left the max effort tune yet. I daily drive and tow with it. Trans hasn't missed a beat. Not recommending that, but just giving feedback. 26k miles on the truck

Realistically, you slap on a responsive, torqy 400-425hp tune and the trans should live a long time and the truck will be fun on the street. :thumb:

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
At this hp level what else is needed downpipe, intake, ext for both scenarios? I'm in the same boat as the op.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have a downpipe, egr delete, and exhaust on the way. I think I'm going to go ahead and do lift pumps and the BT line pressure box too. Sticking with the stock intake, I don't see any reason to upgrade right now.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Ahhh more parts to order. Wife is going to kill me, lol. That thread looked like they were running the oiled S&B filter, but I didn't see whether or not the dry filter gave the same gains. Any ideas? I'd rather run the dry filter if it's all the same.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Yes. I have his twin pump setup with the mega filter (big Baldwin filter) plumbed after the stock filter on my LLY. Probably do the same thing on the LML.

Last edited:

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Just ordered the Kennedy twin kit with mega filter, the BT Line Pressure box, and the S&B dry filter intake as well. This is getting expensive damn it! Now just need to decide on power level for tuning.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission right?? :roflmao:

So...parts list now is

MBRP downpipe
LB7 up pipe
DRP EGR delete kit
Flo pro 4" exhaust
Corsa muffler
S&B dry filter intake
Kennedy twin deluxe pump kit
Kennedy mega filter
BT line pressure box

Last edited:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Ahhh more parts to order. Wife is going to kill me, lol. That thread looked like they were running the oiled S&B filter, but I didn't see whether or not the dry filter gave the same gains. Any ideas? I'd rather run the dry filter if it's all the same.

Dry filter w/filter sock is what I ran the tests with.

I'd contact Tony and ask his opinion on the safe power levels. I ran different tuning on a stock trans and then MikeL pulled the tranny apart. There is a write up on it in that same link as the air filter on what we found.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Dry filter w/filter sock is what I ran the tests with.

I'd contact Tony and ask his opinion on the safe power levels. I ran different tuning on a stock trans and then MikeL pulled the tranny apart. There is a write up on it in that same link as the air filter on what we found.

Thanks for the clarification.

I tried to call Tony today but his shop is closed til Thursday. I'll try to catch up with him then. Thanks Rob.