Which Danville turbo do I have?

bmr7c

Jun 28, 2012
South New Berlin NY
Truck has a Danville turbo which i was told was a 68stg2r but truck doesn't have that F-16 in kill mode sound to it. What's best way to tell which turbo this is?

Attachments

• 20160305_104930.jpg
    20160305_104930.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 165

Torqued

Turbo boost = 120 Psi
Jan 2, 2017
Ohio
Yeah I'd just pull it and build a new turbo and sell that one depending on where you are financially. I can help you build a decent turbo system for more efficient boost and longer lasting.

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont
Yeah I'd just pull it and build a new turbo and sell that one depending on where you are financially. I can help you build a decent turbo system for more efficient boost and longer lasting.

Your making some strong claims here. Mark knows a thing or two about turbos.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Your making some strong claims here. Mark knows a thing or two about turbos.

Freakin great, we got another "turbo builder" appearing on here. More kts wheels, $50 rebuilds, and krylon.
How bout we just leave the vgt to Mark and everyone else just use that junk for themselves when on a budget. :thumb:

Torqued

Turbo boost = 120 Psi
Jan 2, 2017
Ohio
Not really sure what your talking about I was just trying to help the guy its not like I knew mark was the turbo expert on this forum.

TheDirty06

Sep 28, 2014
Horton, KS

Tellin him to measure it was helping. But tellin him to sell it so you can build him one wasn't helping. :thumb:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
>Tellin him to measure it was helping. But tellin him to
>sell it so you can build him one wasn't helping.

^^^ this!

are you running the stg2r vane table? That might be the quickest way to tell. Compare your tune to the stock table if you don't know.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Measuring it will not tell you if it is an R or not. The vanes and vane plate is where the difference is. Measuring will tell you if it is a 68mm obviously. I'm not 100% sure if Mark had the R turbos built around the factory housings. Was really thinking it was only on the 3794-4094 base. That front cover appears to be a stock cover.

Torqued

Turbo boost = 120 Psi
Jan 2, 2017
Ohio
Hey all I'm trying to say is if it were me I'd drop it and sell it. Those turbos are OK but not high performance by any means.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Hey all I'm trying to say is if it were me I'd drop it and sell it. Those turbos are OK but not high performance by any means.

Ummm.. you need to find a new forum.. this turbo talk coming from a guy with a cast wheel 6.0 turbo as his avatar

Mark / Danville has made more power, went faster with a vgt turbo than anyone.