Which build direction should I take?

ChargedTTq

Double D
Jun 18, 2014
MN
Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to post this...

I'm in the market for an lmm, and which truck I pick depends on what build direction I go...

I'm wondering what you guys think is the best build for what I want out of it:
Its gonna be owned for at least 6-7 years, longer if I can afford someday to make it a toy-only truck. That means this truck might serve me through marriage and kids...
Its gotta tow snowmobiles 13 hours comfortably and reliably once or twice a year.
Its gonna see a mix of daily driver and weekend driver.
I live in MN and I want to be able to remote start it and drive away reliably as a stock truck.
I'm single, so part of me wants it to turn heads... A lot of heads Lol.
I'm totally a motorhead, so part of me wants it to go fast, and do pulls.

That being said financially I'm comfortable with three options:
Reliable stock lower end HP, 6 inch lift and 37s
Reliable built engine HP, stock height
Reliable stock trans HP, 10 inch lift and 40s (money goes into paying for tires and fuel Lol)

So which build do you guys think would be the smartest for what I want out of it?

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
Damn slow down dude, you haven't bought the truck yet, and your already planning a build. Still single and planning for marriage and kids? Find the truck first, or the girl. The girl is going to cost more than the truck...:thumb:

ChargedTTq

Double D
Jun 18, 2014
MN
Lol I hear ya. Really the reason I ask is because if I'm going lifted I should probably just buy one pre lifted.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Um, how soon until you get married? :rofl:

You will hate having to load a car seat into a lifted truck, not to mention your (future) wife will hate you for making her climb up into a lifted truck when she's pregnant. Just sayin'

BTW, buy a crew cab. Xcabs SUCK with kids and car seats.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Omg this is so true. I have 4.5 yr old but he is gonna be short and small so he still need so be in a carseat. Booster seat doesn't work. His feet sit on the center consol on my ec

ChargedTTq

Double D
Jun 18, 2014
MN
Um, how soon until you get married? :rofl:

You will hate having to load a car seat into a lifted truck, not to mention your (future) wife will hate you for making her climb up into a lifted truck when she's pregnant. Just sayin'

BTW, buy a crew cab. Xcabs SUCK with kids and car seats.

Haha yeah me and many of my friends are pretty conservative, I'm 26 now so I figure by the time I'm 30 I might find someone to marry Lol

I planned on getting a CCSB I used to like ex cabs as a lighter = faster truck but crews just looks so much better and too practical to pass up!

All I know is these things are expensive! I'd like to do boosted launches with tight steering and it looks like you can spend almost $2k on the steering alone!!!

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Haha yeah me and many of my friends are pretty conservative, I'm 26 now so I figure by the time I'm 30 I might find someone to marry Lol

I planned on getting a CCSB I used to like ex cabs as a lighter = faster truck but crews just looks so much better and too practical to pass up!

All I know is these things are expensive! I'd like to do boosted launches with tight steering and it looks like you can spend almost $2k on the steering alone!!!

Just get upgraded tie rods and the dhd brace.

Fiesty

Sep 21, 2014
leveled height, built trans and the works with stock turbo/fuel is what I'd do. more kid friendly and dd friendly than big lift. still tons of power without sacrificing decreased engine life or reliability.