where to buy EFI live?

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
Looking to tune my truck for the first time. I have a buddy that works at a local diesel shop that said they could do it but I'm not to sure if I trust a little shop to handle this. Or do they just simply download premade tunes? Id like to switch the tunes with my edge cts insight. I guess my real question is are all tunes for stock trans/turbo custom or are they premade and I'm just paying to have them downloaded? I do live 20 minutes from merchant but woudlnt mind helping out my buddys shop if I'm just going to get the exact same tunes no matter were I go. Thanks in advance!

Kutchey2

Apr 15, 2011
I believe merchant uses Danville tunes... Mark at Danville is an awesome tuner, I run his tunes and couldn't be happier. IMO there is too much on the line using tunes that are not proven... Your buddies shop might have great tunes, but its your truck that could get hurt if something is off with the tunes. I don't mean to put down your buddies shop in any way... I just know I can trust marks tunes 100%

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
Yea I was under the impression that I would be getting the same tunes from both places. Its a up and coming shop and I didn't want to be the guinea pig on his tunes if he was the one making them. Ill try and see who created the tunes, but it looks like ill be driving 20 mins west to a shop that's known nation wide.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Yea I was under the impression that I would be getting the same tunes from both places. Its a up and coming shop and I didn't want to be the guinea pig on his tunes if he was the one making them. Ill try and see who created the tunes, but it looks like ill be driving 20 mins west to a shop that's known nation wide.

Most of those types of shops are copy and paste tuners anymore. Merchant is one of the best places to deal with in the us. Eric is damn good people.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona

If its only 20 minutes MAKE THAT DRIVE!