Wheel bearing replacement and TPMS

contenderv07

Feb 17, 2010
This problem has been going on for awhile, but I was getting a TPMS warning light, not low tire pressure, but Check Tire Pressure Monitoring System light. It is ALWAYS the front right, even after a tire rotation. This happens only after the tire pressure gets up to 50 PSI, after that, the light comes on. When it drops below that, I turn the truck off, and it goes away. I have gone through the re-learning, and also had Discount tire check the sensors and they are all ok. The only thing that is left is, I had the right front wheel bearing replaced... Is there something in the wheel bearing that is throwing this off?? It HAS to be the new wheel bearing since this hasn't come up until after it was replaced. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions

contenderv07

Feb 17, 2010
The wheel bearing doesn't have anything to do with the TPMS, you have a sensor going out.

but since this happened before AND after a tire rotation, wouldn't that point to somewhere else?? Even after a tire rotation, I'm still getting the error on the same front right tire

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
but since this happened before AND after a tire rotation, wouldn't that point to somewhere else?? Even after a tire rotation, I'm still getting the error on the same front right tire

Did the sensors get reset to the proper location? If not the truck has no idea where the sensor is

contenderv07

Feb 17, 2010
Did the sensors get reset to the proper location? If not the truck has no idea where the sensor is
yes sir, everything was reset. It's just weird... Once it hits that magical 50 PSI, I get the light for right front... I got my tires rotated, in hopes that, that error light would come up in the new tire location, but it stayed in the right front

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Only thing weird that could be going on is if that wheel bearing is giving off some weird frequency/hertz noise that is throwing off the tpms sensor for that RF area. Like you said, if you relearned the tpm then the system should see a problem with with LR or RR sensor. Aftermarket or factory wheel bearing?

contenderv07

Feb 17, 2010
Only thing weird that could be going on is if that wheel bearing is giving off some weird frequency/hertz noise that is throwing off the tpms sensor for that RF area. Like you said, if you relearned the tpm then the system should see a problem with with LR or RR sensor. Aftermarket or factory wheel bearing?
its an aftermarket one. the old one was rattling like crazy lol