what's a good utah tranny shop

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
I wanted to start thinking about getting my tranny built. Does anyone kno of a good tranny shop in utah. Any good experiences with anyone would be appreciated. And also when building the tranny is there any info that I should kno or suggestions on parts I should get.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Isn't Starlight Diesel around that area? Not sure if they even do trans builds

EDIT: Guess they only do tuning.

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
They are but I don't think they do... there's gillet diesel theres another one I bout my dsp 5 switch from but I forgot what the name is.

Pdartsduramax

Jan 1, 2013
Rkl diesel in springville, call and talk to Ryan, he does great tranny and valve body work, built mine and 3-4 of my friends

Jackmo

Aug 12, 2013
There is gillett diesel service in bluffdale. I know Trent built my trans at their shop a while ago before he started epr.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I built my own when I was working at Wide Open Performance (no longer in business). But Cam Hulse at Adrenaline Performance in Shelly, ID and Ryan at RKL in Springville are good options. You could also talk to Matt Moon or Bill Moon at Gillett.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I know who to have build your tranny. His name is Kelly Harris, built zachs (starlite diesel) trucks trans. Built mine and smokinu497's as well. 30+ years experience as a gm mechanic, and builds trans as a living now. He uses suncoast parts.

Pm me for his info if you would like, your welcome to use whoever you like but I would highly recommend him.

Mine cost me $4400, GMAX 6, deep pan, 1056 converter and he replaced a u joint for free.

Matt moon and Gillette go to him I believe, or that's who they told my friend to go to (smokinu497) and we have both had great luck!

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
Ok ill check it out. So I kno cknight said GMAX 6, deep pan, 1056 converter. Is what he got. But is that all that is in a built tranny?? What parts would you guys recommend.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ok ill check it out. So I kno cknight said GMAX 6, deep pan, 1056 converter. Is what he got. But is that all that is in a built tranny?? What parts would you guys recommend.

The GMAX 6 kit comes with everything, transgo Jr, clutches, seals, gaskets, ect. By builder said its good for 900+ hp without risking burning clutches

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
Ya I was eventually wanted to do the turbo and maby some internal work to the engine. But I just wanted to get the trans to the spot I want it in the future just so I don't have to mess with it again.