LB7: What turbo should I get?

colebollinger

Oct 15, 2014
Lubbock, TX
I have an 04 LB7 with efi, lift pump, intake, exhaust. I'm about to get 30% over exergy injectors and PPE stage IV transmission. I also want to get a turbo and was looking at getting stealth 64 or fleece cheetah 63. Will these compliment my upgrades nicely or should I go bigger? Do I need other upgrades to ensure motor safety? Don't know a whole bunch, NEED HELP. any help greatly appreciated.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
depends on what you want to do with your truck, right now you seem to have a pretty good start. Whats your goals for power? i honestly have a 64mm pnp and i have all the same mods as you but no 30 overs. My truck rips and the egts are way more manageable now that i installed it. It all depends on your goals, pretty much anything over stock is really really pushing the limits on the bottom end

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
Power goals?

planning modded single or dual cp3s?

The stealth 64 uses the factory turbine wheel so you are going to be limited on power. The fleece 63 is going to be far more valuable to you with larger nozzles utilizing a larger turbine and s300 center section, it will be good for more power in my opinion.

colebollinger

Oct 15, 2014
Lubbock, TX
I really want between 600 and 700 hp if I can without hurting my engine. It's my daily driver, I just want some power to play with. I also pull a 35 ft. fifth wheel occasionally when I'm moving around. (occasionally like just a few times a year) I might look into getting modded cp3s next summer but not this year.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
I really want between 600 and 700 hp if I can without hurting my engine. It's my daily driver, I just want some power to play with. I also pull a 35 ft. fifth wheel occasionally when I'm moving around. (occasionally like just a few times a year) I might look into getting modded cp3s next summer but not this year.

Danville's 3794 variable vane

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I'd keep my power goal below the 600 mark with an LB7. I think if you go with the injectors you mentioned and a charger you'd be fine, I'd leave the stock cp3 stock. You can have a really good running truck that will stay together if you keep the torque in check.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
A variable vane can be put on an LB7, but what exactly does it take? would it be better to just go with a descent fixed charger?

Agreed. S300 for sure. I'd go with an HTT66 or a BD supermax which uses a 64mm turbo. Good tuning is key to making these dinosaurs last.

colebollinger

Oct 15, 2014
Lubbock, TX
what do yall think about the s300 installation kit with the 66mm billet compressor from fleece performance? or the kit from Creatures of the Night with the billet s366?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
what do yall think about the s300 installation kit with the 66mm billet compressor from fleece performance? or the kit from Creatures of the Night with the billet s366?
I think any of the above mentioned fixed would be a vast improvement including the 366 chargers you mentioned.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Do you tow? If not I would really suggest an s400. Like an s472/83/.90 A lot of guys would be surprised how well they spool.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I couldn't tell you the difference between cast vs billet. If you have a few extra bucks Id get a billet, if your working on a budget, cast will serve you well.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
To my knowledge Henry at COTN Performance can't be beat on an s366 kit. He is a supporting vendor here and has great customer service. True enough an s400 may work well for you as well especially if you don't tow often or heavy.