Help: What should I do

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
I know I cant be the only guy with this problem. The color (black) is starting to come off of my volume button on my sterring wheel and the up and down button for the the heater A/C fan, should I use a Sharpie ? or do they make something to remedy this, it looks like crap and kinda makes it look a little more used than it really is. Help please

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
You guys should see how bad they get in a womens truck when they push buttons with there finger nail, My fiance's truck has 32,000 and the buttons are white

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Will the sharpie actually work or will it still shine through a little bit at night ?

I did the Sharpie thing and it lasted for a few months. It starting to wear off again. I only did two layers of it. I wonder if finger nail polish would work? The only thing it might not have the flat look to it or would the polish eat through the plastic?

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
My kid used finger nail polish and covered it with a final coat... she used OPI, its a lacquer. After it (color coat) dries hit it with a scotchbrite pad (she used a foam buffer pad for nails) to take the shine off of it. Then hit it with final coat its lacquer as well.

Wifies know exactly where to find OPI.