LLY: what fixed turbo are the mod stock lly guys runnning?

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
not really a big fan of my vgt turbo on the lly and looking to upgrade it later on, thinking of going with a fixed exhaust housing and a T4 style mount kit, wondering what size everyone is going with? i had a 7.3l and a 5.9l 12v before so im trying to base my ideas on sizes between their.
seams the 12v crowd always praised and loved the s363 and the 7.3l guys liked the s366. now i plan on racing/sled pulling and towing (35' toyhauler, 32' cabin cruiser boat) at all the same time, so i want a good all around turbo choice. so i was thinking the s366 with a set of 40% over shouldnt be to big/laggy/smokey with a good efi tow tune. what are you guys thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your all thoughts and input

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
What about the box stock s366 just for starters? Then go billet later on with twins?

Who's t4 kit is everyone using or are you building your own?

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I have the II S366 Silver Bullet, if you want to twin later its a good option, that S371 Trent has looks nice too, either way ask Trent he will set you up with a good charger.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
You are local to Trent Trevor. One day I will just have to take you to meet him.
i know i am, just wana see what everyone else is having good results with before i get to serious about buying one. still got some other things i need to pay off first, then i need a trans, then a turbo lol

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
I really like my s472 on mine, but with trailers that big my vote goes to the 366. I havent pulled over 8k with mine yet. Did extremely well for as big as the turbo is. But if I towed a lot I would do something else. My setup fits my driving style.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
A standard s366 will make as much power as your motor can handle stock. Spools very fast, affordable.... pretty darn good choice :thumb: ;)