what do you think? high 13's possible?

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
Well didn't hook for shit in 2wd, ran a 14.6. And so next I put it in 4wd and took of and 14.2 is the best I could pull. Next time I will have a different tire set up, and lower the keys so I can do a good boosted launch. Should be in the high 13's for sure

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
My reaction times were pretty decent but my 60's were shit lol all them were 2.0's-2.1's. Just because I couldn't boost it up to launch. Truck was kinda all over just launching in 4wd

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
My reaction times were pretty decent but my 60's were shit lol all them were 2.0's-2.1's. Just because I couldn't boost it up to launch. Truck was kinda all over just launching in 4wd

If you would lower the front end down you won't have to worry bout that hopping all over the place.

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
I just didn't want to lower it there and my alignment be all screwed up when I drove back home(about 1.5 hrs)

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I can build you a set of tunes that will get you in the mid 13's. not saying anything bad about robs tunes but from personal experience they aren't very stout. Very smooth tunes but I couldn't get any faster than a 13.47 with his big tune and I have built trans, lift pump, 68 mm turbo, Ppe up pipes. I say high 13 with a good launch. I use robs tune for my nitrous now. Love how smooth it is.
HAHA you mind building me a tune for my lb7 to get in the 12s with my stock tranny?? Robs tuning is safe he wants you to be able to run the max effort tune and be safe while doing it. Will he pull out some timing to prolong the life of the motor? Yes he will. Could be build you a tune to push your truck the its LIMITS. Sure but will he? depends. Not saying you are but some people are retards and will give there truck hell every second they got simply cuz they dont know better then boom popped piston, rod, headgsket ect. Guess who gets the phone call.. Rob. I wouldnt like that so he builds his tunes very conservative for a reason. I know ur running an 3250US with 34* limited to 32* before the nitros correct? With a lift on ur truck. Your tunes may be fast and powerful but are they safe? do you install drive pressure gauges in the trucks youve tuned? Have hours of datalogging on each truck? I hope you know what your doing Quiton.

Last edited:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
HAHA you mind building me a tune for my lb7 to get in the 12s with my stock tranny?? Robs tuning is safe he wants you to be able to run the max effort tune and be safe while doing it. Will he pull out some timing to prolong the life of the motor? Yes he will. Could be build you a tune to push your truck the its LIMITS. Sure but will he? depends. Not saying you are but some people are retards and will give there truck hell every second they got simply cuz they dont know better then boom popped piston, rod, headgsket ect. Guess who gets the phone call.. Rob. I wouldnt like that so he builds his tunes very conservative for a reason. I know ur running an 3250US with 34* limited to 32* before the nitros correct? With a lift on ur truck. Your tunes may be fast and powerful but are they safe? do you install drive pressure gauges in the trucks youve tuned? Have hours of datalogging on each truck? I hope you know what your doing Quiton.

Actually no I'm not running nitrous on a 32* timing, that's stupid. That tune is what I use for fuel only. I use robs tune for spraying, if you did a little more research before opening your mouth you'd know this. I'm not talking bad about his tuning at all I love his tunes I just want more out of my truck and so do others. Is it pushing it? Yes, but aren't you pushing any truck tuning it for more than what it came factor? Of course. Even robs "tranny safe tunes" can still limp the tranny or blow a motor. Nobody's tunes are safe on a motor wether its built or not. Just ask the guys from alligator what happened with there built motor on the dyno with robs tunes.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Actually no I'm not running nitrous on a 32* timing, that's stupid. That tune is what I use for fuel only. I use robs tune for spraying, if you did a little more research before opening your mouth you'd know this. I'm not talking bad about his tuning at all I love his tunes I just want more out of my truck and so do others. Is it pushing it? Yes, but aren't you pushing any truck tuning it for more than what it came factor? Of course. Even robs "tranny safe tunes" can still limp the tranny or blow a motor. Nobody's tunes are safe on a motor wether its built or not. Just ask the guys from alligator what happened with there built motor on the dyno with robs tunes.
Reread my post. I simply asked wasnt u running 32* before nitros? Not with it ;) I just said all that cuz you come into threads like this and throw urself out there saying" I can build you a tune blah blah blah" What makes you so good to say robs tune wasnt very stout it only ran 13.47, then named all your mods??? So u just threw that out there about robs tunes so this guy can use yours? lol "mines faster so you'll like them better".. that what your trying to say? Ive seen u post in threads how ur always braggin on ur tunes and how urs always did better then robs. I could care less about alligators dmax shit happens. Ive seen stock pickups break the crank just cruisin in town. Trans limp on stock tunes, injector cups lift just with a edge. But as I said I hope you know wha you are doing :thumb: good luck with your tuning

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Reread my post. I simply asked wasnt u running 32* before nitros? Not with it ;) I just said all that cuz you come into threads like this and throw urself out there saying" I can build you a tune blah blah blah" What makes you so good to say robs tune wasnt very stout it only ran 13.47, then named all your mods??? So u just threw that out there about robs tunes so this guy can use yours? lol "mines faster so you'll like them better".. that what your trying to say? Ive seen u post in threads how ur always braggin on ur tunes and how urs always did better then robs. I could care less about alligators dmax shit happens. Ive seen stock pickups break the crank just cruisin in town. Trans limp on stock tunes, injector cups lift just with a edge. But as I said I hope you know wha you are doing :thumb: good luck with your tuning

If you don't like what I say then its best if you just keep your mouth shut. I like to help guys out as much as I can. Did I ever comment on any of your post saying crap about you? No so you should probably just drop it and grow up.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
If you don't like what I say then its best if you just keep your mouth shut. I like to help guys out as much as I can. Did I ever comment on any of your post saying crap about you? No so you should probably just drop it and grow up.
Helping them out by dising robs tunes and tell everyone to run your tunes? hmm new strategy i guess

Sgp93gsx

Feb 2, 2013
I didn't say robs tunes are crappy, all I said was he tunes them down, not to stout, like I said earlier I loves his tunes but sometimes you want more. The end.

I understand exactly where Quinton is coming from. No 2 engines tune the same. Rob has to make a "canned" tune to work with all trucks and stay "safe" there is always more left. Some more than others. Quinton is just pushing a little further. Works well on his truck. May "pop" the next motor his tune goes into. Reality is, your best tunes are done on a dyno in controlled pulls.

As Quinton stated, any modified tune gets you closer to that ragged edge. That's where the most power is made. Go past it and BOOM.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I didn't say robs tunes are crappy, all I said was he tunes them down, not to stout, like I said earlier I loves his tunes but sometimes you want more. The end.
Cool story LOL if your always saying his tunes are not that stout or you want it to go faster how come you never data logged it and sent it to him to modify it? Im just trying to get things straight from your post that says " Ill build you a tune that'll get you in the mid 13s" :eek: and you are who again?? If your gonna build a tune that'll get a stock lbz in mid 13s then how come your truck doesnt run low 12s with all those mods you stated?? hmm :confused:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I understand exactly where Quinton is coming from. No 2 engines tune the same. Rob has to make a "canned" tune to work with all trucks and stay "safe" there is always more left. Some more than others. Quinton is just pushing a little further. Works well on his truck. May "pop" the next motor his tune goes into. Reality is, your best tunes are done on a dyno in controlled pulls.

As Quinton stated, any modified tune gets you closer to that ragged edge. That's where the most power is made. Go past it and BOOM.

Exactly. You and your neighbor will get the exact same tunes. Only differance is Tire size and Vin. Drives me crazy that people brag about there efi live but yet its not a custom tune until you data log or have tuner ride with you. Granit once you do turbos, injectors and cp3s then its a differant story. Most people dont get the benifits and the bad ass part of efi. They just use there v2s and autocals to load there boxed tunes. Mine as well keep running there cts races in my opinion.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Cool story LOL if your always saying his tunes are not that stout or you want it to go faster how come you never data logged it and sent it to him to modify it? Im just trying to get things straight from your post that says " Ill build you a tune that'll get you in the mid 13s" :eek: and you are who again?? If your gonna build a tune that'll get a stock lbz in mid 13s then how come your truck doesnt run low 12s with all those mods you stated?? hmm :confused:

Are you serious?? Like I stated before do some research on me before opening your mouth. I've sent data logs and emailed rob multiple times, he told me i was maxed out and he couldn't do anything for me. My truck will run low 12's when I get my tire pressure and suspension set up. I've ran a 12.74 with a soft launch second time I tried my latest tune. I'm sure if I had more time at the track I would have already ran a low 12. Plus it's easier to get a Lbz or lmm closer to 12's because there rail pressure sees 26k and injectors are bigger than lly's. do some research and that might answer all your question before making yourself look dumb.