Well there goes my chances of 9s this year

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The vanjen style (Vibrant) connections allow for a decent amount of misalignment and will handle engine movement no problem, especially when used on each end of the pipe.

Yes i believe they have like 12 degrees of movement if I remember right.

Interesting. First time hearing about them. Do they just slip and slide around in a coupler with o rings to seal them ?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Interesting. First time hearing about them. Do they just slip and slide around in a coupler with o rings to seal them ?
Yes. It's two flanges with o-rings and a sealing "ring" is inserted over them. The clamp sets the maximum distance between the flanges/stops them from coming out of the sealing ring as well as locating the sealing ring.

They work very very slick. I typically like to use 1 per pipe if possible as I like the pipe being rigid on one end and able to move on the other but that is absolutely a personal preference thing.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Yeah he tacks everything and then checks for all movements to make sure nothing will rub… I see a lot of stuff firepunk does on social media it seems that’s all they use anymore. I can have all the pipes off in about 5 minutes

Reactions: Ironworker15

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
If you go on vibrants website they call them hd clamps motion raceworks makes them as well.. vibrant already redid them since they came out they don’t take the pin anymore probably because everyone would always lose them.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
If you go on vibrants website they call them hd clamps motion raceworks makes them as well.. vibrant already redid them since they came out they don’t take the pin anymore probably because everyone would always lose them.
The new pinless style is nice, I am having these on my build as well Brendon.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
They are very nice.. the only thing I don’t care for is they only come with aluminum ferrules you have the buy the stainless separately and always end up with a bunch of aluminum ones laying around.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Looks really good man! I love those style clamps. I use the ones from ace race parts as they're a little bit cheaper but the same quality as Vibrant. I am using them on my twin kit as well. Welds look super clean too. Your guy def knows what he's doing. I dig that intercooler as well. I contemplated welded flanges on my Banks but was leary of all the movement so I stuck with boots. Let me know how t all works out and I may change my setup. Can't wait to see this thing running. Seems like you've been through a lot with this truck. Best of luck brother.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
They are very nice.. the only thing I don’t care for is they only come with aluminum ferrules you have the buy the stainless separately and always end up with a bunch of aluminum ones laying around.
You can buy parts for them separately from ace race parts. They're interchangeable with Vibrant as well.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Thanks for that info I’ll have to remember that. And yes it was made for my truck the cores are vibrant I can’t remember the dimensions off hand and so far everything has been working well. The intercooler and most of the pipes have been done for a few years now I have an old thread of the build process I’ll see if I can find it.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
The post intercooler pipe used to be 3 pieces including the y bridge so now it’s one. And he welded a bunch of tabs around the tanks for a little piece of mind but it’s crazy the temp difference of each side of the intercooler after making a pass.

Reactions: MarkBroviak