weird sound from the front

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
Hi guys,

Saturday i was doing some passes at the local drag strip and on the last run between the 1/8 and 1/4 i had some weird noise shake on my gas pedal.
Yesterday i did go again to the strip and it did all day at the same spot. The thing is that when i hit a road bump or the engine revs or shift it does it even if I'm not 100% trottle. It does it too when I'm completely off trottle and hitting a little bump.

It sound like its coming off the front and you definitely feel it on the pedals.
WHat it does is like some shaking with a sound of something loose or touching. It kinda makes the dash doing sound too.

My guess is something in the front steering parts since i'm doing a lot of 1/4 mile passes. But to feel in the pedals???

2wd or 4wd doesn't matter... Big tune or small tune doesn't matter too.

Transmission shifts great.

ANy ideas?

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
Yes stock motor mounts. They were checked like 2-3 weeks ago max.. and everything seemed fine.

Ill definitely lift the front of the truck tonight to check any play with the wheel.

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
i can have the sound while decelering with 0% trottle or hitting a little bump on the road.

Barely everything that can create some shaking make the sound appear...

I will test the brake torquing in 45 min when i go out.

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
I brake boosted on Drive till 2000 rpm (approx 20 psi) and nada.

No sound at all.

Thats why i didn't hear it till 3/4 of the track.

After having a friend checking the motor with the hood open, it seems that its coming from the inside since he was not hearing anything at all near the engine bay.

I just don't know lol...

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
Harbin was right.

The AFE intercooler tubing was touching the hydroboost and that was causing to vibration in the firewall.

The boot popped in a run at the track and thats how i found the problem. I put it right back in place and no more vibration.

The only thing is sometimes when i put reverse it does it like 2-3 second. I'm trying to figure if i could put something on the tubing like a rubber or something to absorb the vibration... Any ideas?

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
Yes, heat wrap might do the trick... excellent idea.

The only thing that makes the noise is the metal on metal vibration so with the wrap i guess it will be ok..

If not i might glue some rubber hose on the corner of the hydro.

thank you,