WCfab, HSP, Profab ??

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
All of the above shops offer 3" Y bridge and intercooler pipes which is what I want for my Lbz, I want feed back from people who have them and reasons why they prefer one over the other? The prices are all different so that's why I asked..

Thanks, Dylan

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I have a profab one on mine, solid piece. If I had to do it again I would chose one of the 3 companies you have listed. Customer service goes along way. I have talked with all 3 all are easy to get on the phone if you have questions and non have tried to sell me anything I didn't "need" and are very friendly to talk with. I have a wcfab cp3 billet wheel it is a work of art.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I just installed a wcfab s472 turbo kit on my truck came with 3" lb7 style y bridge and 3" hot and cold side intercooler pipes. I have no complaints and everything fit together nicely.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I have parts from both and both are too notch , however joe at hsp does amazing work and the customer service is some of the best. The intake they built for me basically through the phone could not fit any better and did I mention it looks amazing !!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Don't forget about All Seasons

Mine fit perfect had a nice rolled bead for the boot to catch on and looked great:thumb:

He also offers piping with flanged or v-banded connections as well, iirc

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I have used Tony's bridge and now have a customs one from HSP. Fitment on Tony's was just like factory. HSP bridge is probably the nicest since Joe forms the round tubing into a square opening like the factory and it opens it up more than the true round bridge. Joe puts a lot of thought into making a functional piece as well as a nice piece.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
HSP all the way. Joe took making custom duramax parts to another level. As said above the way he shapes the tubing in his Y bridges is something to see. I actually called him to ask how the F?ck did you do that when it showed up.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Just make sure which ever one you choose doesn't have a square corner in the bridge. This causes a lot of turbulence. We use an internal air diverter to solve this problem. Unfortunately most manufacturers don't.

Last edited:

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
All of the above seem to be great and do great work but as everyone is saying Joe at HSP work is amazing and only getting better and better as the days pass. Also just am awesome guy to talk to with great customer service! :thumb:

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
I have a custom wcfab one on mine and it is a great piece! Jason is a great guy to deal with, he had some bridges on backorder and called to let me know mine would be a little late

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
My next question for everyone.. Did you notice much improvement on a stock truck? This truck will get 100-150hp efi tune, and that is about it. It is a tow truck/DD

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the above mentioned builders. I personally have Jason's and it fit great works fine.

I don't think youll be able to tell a difference from just the Y bridge.

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
That is what I was thinking, I was wanting to do 3" Y bridge, 3" intercooler pipes, S&B intake, and 3" downpipe, and BD manifold. I already have the manifold and downpipe off my other truck for it. But was wanting to be able to keep egts low as possible towing.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I have ricks on my truck for a couple years now and its been great. Although the new design that he mentioned should flow better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I don't think you will feel a difference that would simply say "spend the money". Now with that said if none of these changes make a difference why are all of these guys spending their hard earned money buying parts that don't make a difference?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
the qualifier would be, they don't make a difference in a stock turbo setup, at least not enough to really justify busting you knuckles and burning the cash. Also the rest of the air system needs to be updated imo, at least all the air piping.

Obviously freeing up a restriction in the system is never a bad thing.