Waste Gate Tuning

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I have a kit that I bought through Trent. He went out before I got everything on and ironed out. If anyone here has one of his kits I would like some insight into how you are tuning your setup (waste Gate). Thanks.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
No regulator was sent. I have everything else and ordered one of Turbo Smarts manual boost controllers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
I am asking kinda the same thing in a different thread. Do you set the gate to open wherever to get a 1to1 from what the big charger is making to total boost or what?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Shane, I've played around a bit with the Syncronic Gate, what are you needing help with?

I hooked up the line to port B like Trent initially said. That way the gate will never open. I get too much drive pressure. I then hooked up port D to charge pipe boost. I am going to install a regulator in port B total boost and dial it down to try and tune. It has the 45 spring in now and no added preload on the small spring. I still haven't come close to 1:1 ratios.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
the way all the wastegates we run are plumbed is you want full boost on the side port that will push the gate open, you run regulated boost to the top port that holds it shut. then dial it it to open when you want it to. Using this method the spring has no effect on gate operation.

The honest best way to do it is on the dyno, my truck went from 959 to over 1k with wastegate adjustments.

let me know if i can answer any other questions.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
I just have a adjustable banks big head that I am trying to figure out. Any pointers on that one? Thanks

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
the way all the wastegates we run are plumbed is you want full boost on the side port that will push the gate open, you run regulated boost to the top port that holds it shut. then dial it it to open when you want it to. Using this method the spring has no effect on gate operation.

The honest best way to do it is on the dyno, my truck went from 959 to over 1k with wastegate adjustments.

let me know if i can answer any other questions.

Are you running both boost from the same source or using full to open and charge boost to regulate?