wanting to trade my hypertech tuned EMC for a stock one..

tclemons

Feb 25, 2013
I have a 2002 chevy duramax that has a hypertech performance tune on it.im wanting to install a ppe tuner but i dont have the original tuner to take off the old tune..i tried having 3 diff dealers flash the computer and they said they couldnt flash it, said i had to have the original programmer?? any suggestions? or anyone want to trade me their stock ECM one so i can download this other tuner? plz text or call 423-762-8165

Last edited:

04D_MAX

force fed
Sep 10, 2012
SOUTH GA
Seems like there would be a way to completely wipe it out and reflash. Some one on here will chime in and enlighten us. Maybe with efi you could?

GRNASTY

Feb 17, 2013
try vector ... they were the first to break the gm trailblazer ss ecm an tcm i took mine for warranty an tech couldnt tell

tclemons

Feb 25, 2013
I took it to 3 diff dealerships and they said the tune was locked it in and they couldnt flash it? so if someone has efi live they can flash it ?

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ya, some of those cheaper programmers can lock an ECM completely down. Ive got one in the garage like that. Might just be better to buy another ECM from one of the vendors here. I think Ridgerunner, Creatures, ATP and SoCal sell them.