Vinyl Wrap

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Hello Gentlemen,

I got my chickens together and I'm gonna wrap the LMM. I'm considering a few different color options. I'm doing this under seldom supervision of an experienced car graphics wrapper but as always I'm open to any tips and suggestions. I'm wrapping my truck as is including the topper. I'm going to pull the topper and bed off so I can wrap those individually and get the back side of the cab. At that point I may clean my frame off and respray it black while the opportunity is there.

I haven't bought a color yet but Avery Dennison Supreme and 3M Scotch are the two most durable.

I want satin pearl white or maybe a copper but I am curious on what you guys would think? I know I'm toeing the edge of truck rice but I feel like wrapping is something I could implement into my business as a service one day and I figured the best place to start was with the easiest customer there is "myself"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akdmaxx

Jul 12, 2015
People can call it what they want but I think its a good idea. I would do it but it costs quite a bit. Living in Alaska where the roads are hell on trucks it would be a nice way to protect it and get a change of scenery.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If it is for your business, then by all means you should do it. It will show to customers what you are capable of and would be a great selling tool.

I personally would only wrap a truck meant for pulling or racing, not for DD. But there are people out there who would.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
I love the paint protection aspect as well as a color change without killing the book value. That being said it does tend to be pricey. Subbed for results and I'd be curious on the cost of materials.

Copper would be unique for sure. I saw one in YouTube once that looked pretty mean it was a purple/black of sorts

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
once my truck is repainted, it will be clear wrapped. i want to wrap my tracker though just cause it sees alot of az pin striping, might as well change the color while im at it too. I think rigs look good wrapped well with a solid color.

Now if you were plasti-dipping the whole truck..... :rofl:

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
People can call it what they want but I think its a good idea. I would do it but it costs quite a bit. Living in Alaska where the roads are hell on trucks it would be a nice way to protect it and get a change of scenery.

I know that for sure! I lived there for 14 years and damnnn that road conditioning in the winter does a number on a truck. I remember my Silverado was a lease return and the frame was rust rust rust

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
once my truck is repainted, it will be clear wrapped. i want to wrap my tracker though just cause it sees alot of az pin striping, might as well change the color while im at it too. I think rigs look good wrapped well with a solid color.

How does that clear look? Nice and glossy like a clear coat or like one of those hood bras. Apply any products to it? I wouldn't mind protecting my paint either.

On a side note there's plenty of plasti-dipped cars and trucks around here haha it's awful.

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO

The whole front of my LLY was plasti dip...worst mistake I ever made on a vehicle.

My whole front is clear bra and I've had a few massive rocks hit it and it definitely saves the paint.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
How does that clear look? Nice and glossy like a clear coat or like one of those hood bras. Apply any products to it? I wouldn't mind protecting my paint either.

On a side note there's plenty of plasti-dipped cars and trucks around here haha it's awful.

Yup, you can get it in gloss, semi flat, or flat. Gloss looks just like factory paint. No need for products but eventually it will yellow over time, specially out here in AZ if left outside a lot. The key is to fold it around the edges and tuck it under molding so you don't see the edging, then you would never know and your paint is protected. I believe the paint must be free of wax and crap before applying though

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Yup, you can get it in gloss, semi flat, or flat. Gloss looks just like factory paint. No need for products but eventually it will yellow over time, specially out here in AZ if left outside a lot. The key is to fold it around the edges and tuck it under molding so you don't see the edging, then you would never know and your paint is protected. I believe the paint must be free of wax and crap before applying though

Degreasing is what I was told.

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
Hello Gentlemen,

I got my chickens together and I'm gonna wrap the LMM. I'm considering a few different color options. I'm doing this under seldom supervision of an experienced car graphics wrapper but as always I'm open to any tips and suggestions. I'm wrapping my truck as is including the topper. I'm going to pull the topper and bed off so I can wrap those individually and get the back side of the cab. At that point I may clean my frame off and respray it black while the opportunity is there.

I haven't bought a color yet but Avery Dennison Supreme and 3M Scotch are the two most durable.

I want satin pearl white or maybe a copper but I am curious on what you guys would think? I know I'm toeing the edge of truck rice but I feel like wrapping is something I could implement into my business as a service one day and I figured the best place to start was with the easiest customer there is "myself"

Here's a few pics of vehicles we wrapped this summer. What do you want to know?

Rob

Attachments

• Sturgess 2017.jpg
    Sturgess 2017.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 85
  • WHVAC 2.jpg
    WHVAC 2.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Wife's 2012 Fusion.jpg
    Wife's 2012 Fusion.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 87
  • BSU Bus 8of8.jpg
    BSU Bus 8of8.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Breast Cancer Awareness.jpg
    Breast Cancer Awareness.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 87
  • WHVAC 1.jpg
    WHVAC 1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 87

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Here's a few pics of vehicles we wrapped this summer. What do you want to know?

Rob

When can you come to Twin Falls?

Rear inner fenders, I keep looking at them and I'm like "how?"
I want to wrap those as well and then put some weather techs in there to protect the wrap seams. But I still don't know the technique used to wrap the rear wells.

I know I need to take both bumpers off and the grill and headlights and my mirrors and that rubber strip that goes from the windshield to the back of the cab, also the the plastic caps on the hood and the girl Trim on the hood. I'm gonna take the whole bed off of it and set it on stand because that seems like the only way to get to the back of the cab. My leer topper is going to be the last thing I do after taking the windows out.

I imagine there are a couple things I'm missing as far as dismantling the truck sorry for my run-on sentence above.

Btw those wraps looking awesome!

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
The travel time would be cost prohibitive... :broke:

Verlon brings his race truck to Boise... :thumb:

Attachments

• VSouth.jpg
    VSouth.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 95

Novak