vibration/blue smoke in higher rpms

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
In previous threads I have stated that I thought I had a bent rod, well compression test proves other wise. What causing this is my number 8 cylinder. When I shut off the number 8 injector the vibration stays steady, almost like the I Hector isn't working I'm the first place and when it is shit off my blue haze is gone. Compression test is 375 cold and 400 warm, so the cylinder is holding pressure and the first bump it gets 200 psi, blow by is minimal as well. Could it be the injector tip is screwed up some how? At idle with the rail pressure maxed out it still doesn't blue smoke. Rev it up, truck starts to vibrate and acts like number 8 is missing, almost like its shut off. Any other help would be greatly apperciated

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
If hector isn't working you should fire him.

What year? What's command vs actual rail pressure?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I proved compression testing doesn't always show a bent rod. I tested mine and they were all in the same area as you, truck never left jack stands before it broke a rod in half :roflmao:

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
2003 lb7, desiring 160mpa and actual is 160mpa, pumps going strong. so worst I can do is pull the head and measure piston protrusion? or is there other things I could check?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
found the problem. did a compression test and all tested good, did a leak down test with only 11 percent leakage on a cold engine. I narrowed it down to the injector. Exergy injectors last 10,000 miles. extremely pleased. thanks for the help fellas