LBZ: valve lash

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
These tucks are designed to not have to adjust valve lash for the service life of the vehicle. However, thats not to say it wont ever get sloppy and if you ever have the valve covers or heads off, you may as well do it.

Resetting valve lash is simple but time consuming.... this aint a cummins lol.

dmtcm

BigRed
Jul 18, 2011
Besides the EGR block plate, what else has been done to the engine? Tuning type, fuel system mods, air intake mods? Any wiring harnesses disconnected when you installed the blocker plate?
The valves won't need reajusted unless extreme strain has been put on the motor due to high rpm's. The LBZ can handle some pretty nasty rpm's.
A dirty MAF might be a problem but without more info, it's gonna be hard to help.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
We need more info on tuning. The egr components won't rattle and if they rattle you would prob hear an exhaust leak as well.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
I also have a lbz rattle/tick that I've been trying to fix since I bought it. I had to replace the injectors when I first got it because it failed emmisions, no change in noise. I also adjusted my valves to .10" and no change. does it on any of Rob's tunes but i believe it is fuel related. I know it's a diesel haha, but I have driven many others at work that are 10 times quieter