valair is junk, know anything about kennys pulling parts?

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
long story short, im done with valair and their garbage, ordered a kennys pulling parts sintered iron disc clutch this morning to make sure I could hook on sunday. maybe I jumped the gun on ordering this clutch, ive done a little research and found nothing bad about them, can any of you tell me from experience about his clutches? any input would be great, thanks!

03_DMAX

Aug 15, 2010
What was wrong with your valair? I've heard nothing but good about their clutches.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
well in the past 2 years ive have 4k worth of their clutches that are garbage and when I call and talk to them about it, it seems like im getting the run around, twice now they have told me that it was "misapplication" when both clutches ive had are clearly advertised as street, competition, and tow. they did however tell me that they would rebuild them for a price... yea let me just pay you to rebuild your junk, I don't think so. it is a bit disappointing because I have not heard much bad about them and that their customer service was awesome, which is why I purchased from them to begin with. looks like I was proven wrong twice

StrobeLite

Jan 20, 2009
Kennys 3 disk in a gm zf6 trans ? What did he sell you a mcleod style pressure plate with shims on the stands and 10.5 inch disk?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Kennys 3 disk in a gm zf6 trans ? What did he sell you a mcleod style pressure plate with shims on the stands and 10.5 inch disk?

I was curious too lol. I will have to find ask again to be sure. But he said he either had made like 3 duramax dual disks, and mine would be the first ever tripple, or hes only made like 3 tripple disks. Im pretty sure it was the first, and he wasnt sure about fitment... Just what I heard from someone who run NV4500s and sells his products alot. My buddies 7.3 big single disk was junk. But everyone likes them in the NV's aswell as tractors

StrobeLite

Jan 20, 2009
My bad guess didnt read the entire post. 4 years ago he made me a triple that said would fit in my zf trans which it didnt but a twin should be just fine. After that i bought an sbs and those guys have second to none customer service just my opinion...

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Valair is junk went through two in my Fummins and went to a SBC, Dan at Valair does not take care of his customers like south bend does and Valair clutches are so much noisier at idle then a South bend clutch also. I jast had a minor issue with a SBC dual disc and Manseil and Peter really stepped up and made it MORE then right with me. I put 2 dozen clutches in last year and only had this one little issue.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Nothing but the best from my buds over at SBC. Customer service and product is second to none and almost always you'll find they under rate their products so you have the best experience possible with them.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
I've been running SBC stuff since 05 or 06 in my ZF trucks and Peter at SBC has nothing but top notch service and products. I run DD's and DDD's. Have friends with Valairs and they hate them.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
im thinking south bend will be my next choice. I was actually able to fix my first clutch and run it because kennys didn't get my clutch shipped in time so I cancelled my order because it would have done me no good to get it a day late.