V2 flashscan as dsp5??

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
in the tutorials it says i can use my flashscan to switch between tunes, just like you can with the dsp5 switch. In order to set it up it says i need to run the program "efiive explorer" which is in the V8 folder.......where is the V8 folder? is it a download? anyone else using the flashscan like this??

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
in the tutorials it says i can use my flashscan to switch between tunes, just like you can with the dsp5 switch. In order to set it up it says i need to run the program "efiive explorer" which is in the V8 folder.......where is the V8 folder? is it a download? anyone else using the flashscan like this??

Gotta download the V8 software from www.efilive.com

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
So instead of taking my laptop....having the truck off and the V2 plugged in....

I can JUST use my flashscan, while the truck is RUNNING/MOVING and switch from the stocker to a tow tune??!?!?!?!?!!?

I'm just trying to make sure I get this right...it's to good to be true!:thumb:

Switchable DSP tuning via V2 has been available for LB7 and LLY for around 12 months to give users the option of not hardwiring in a switch.

DSP2 and DSP5 switchable tuning for LBZ and LMM is currently only available via hardwired switch. We doubt it is possible to switch via V2 due to the limitations of the ECM. Switchable tuning for LBZ/LMM is still only available in public beta, however will be a full public release shortly.

NOTE: Switchable tuning is very different to standalone flashing - you flash your ECM with 5 tunes and then use the switch to change between them, you don't flash the ECM everytime to change your tune. Standalone flashing is still in development and we have no time frame for public release, other than it is getting closer.

Cheers
Cindy