Used Glock 17 worth $475?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Is a used, allbeit in 97% condition, Glock 17 (it might be obvious to some familiar with Glock but to those like me that aren't, it's a 9mm) worth $475? Comes with hard case and (2) 17-rd clips.

Just wondering. A friend of a friend has one for sale. I already have a 9mm and don't really want another. Wouldn't mind having a Glock though so I'm considering it.

C-ya

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
There are only a few states that big brother cares what type and brand of gun you have purchased. Must states only care if the gun is a long gun or hand gun because of age restrictions. ;)

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Plus Big Brother doesn't know you have that one. :thumb:

Per Title 28, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 25.9(b)(1), (2), and (3), the NICS Section must destroy all identifying information on allowed transactions prior to the start of the next NICS operational day. If a potential purchaser is delayed or denied a firearm and successfully appeals the decision, the NICS Section cannot retain a record of the overturned appeal.

Traceablility, in practice by "the man" is only through FFL logbooks and form 4473s (that are retained for no less than 20 years) by FFLs making the transfer. They have to start at the manufacturer and work up to the point of consumer sale on a gun-by-gun basis.

Or you can believe whatever you want ;)

Another option the OP might try for a used Glock is looking for a dealer near you that handles law enforcement sales. They take large batches of LEO "trade-ins" sometimes and sell them for smoking prices. The ones I've seen just have some holster wear, but are in fine working condition.

Not a bad price though really.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
that price is ok if its perfect. i see them go between 400-450 used. offer 425 see what happens. at 475 i dont think its a screaming deal.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
yeah, just looking on Gunbrokers, new ones can be had for the same price or even a little less. But as some said, it'd be registered then. I'm not buying it. It's not a good enough deal for me to try n get together the money to do it. It is as close to new as one gets though.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Found another Glock 27 (think that's what it is - it's a .40) with a little less 400 rounds of ammo with it for $500. That seems like the better deal and I like the .40 better. :D

C-ya

dspridgen

Oct 7, 2009
The last time I checked a brand new one was $499 :thumb:

I agree i think that is really steep and the items you listed come with it from the factory. It would be an allright deal if it was in brand new condition and it was exactly what you wanted. Resale is going to be kinda hard on it because no one really wants a fullsize 9mm.

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Found another Glock 27 (think that's what it is - it's a .40) with a little less 400 rounds of ammo with it for $500. That seems like the better deal and I like the .40 better. :D

C-ya

That is a good deal.

That's over a $100 worth of ammo (depending on what brand).

Mitch I have a G27 and love it. I like it because it is a sub-compact, so it's a great carry weapon. It is as accurate as the shooter is capable. There's a video on youtube of a guy hitting a steel plate at 200+ yards with a G27. It takes all the .40 Glock mags so you can put the hi-cap mags in it. I also have a .22 conversion slide for mine, that is almost so much fun you can't stand it, and cheap too.