Question: ultimate fun car for adult family guy....?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Bahahaha
Good question! I would hope you get the complimentary, kiss ass, gifts when you buy a car with an entry price of $150k.:baby:

I could ask a new Porsche dealer? But I'll never have that answer for you, from first hand experience :eek:
:eek:

I don't imagine you get that stuff when you buy a used one, I wouldnt wear someones used hat tho...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Out of curiosity what didn't you like about the Vette and the Z/28? I'm f-ing close to pulling the trigger on a Z/28 when/if we get moved back to Idaho.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Out of curiosity what didn't you like about the Vette and the Z/28? I'm f-ing close to pulling the trigger on a Z/28 when/if we get moved back to Idaho.

To say I didn't like either of those cars is a lie, its not that I didn't "like them" they're both AWESOME. In fact, II think I liked the Z28 more, but with the cup tires it has on it you really don't get to experience the car for what it is, on the street.
The Z28 has horrible visibility out the side windows and a big hood to look over...I actually liked how spartan the interior is, less gadgets and button as a visual disrtaction, the suade interior is really nice to look at and touch, and the trans and gear throw felt really good for a stock car.

It's just not me tho, the car just didn't "fit me"
The cup tires are a big turn of for a DD too...

The Vette, the biggest thing I have against it is, its a two passenger vehicle.
As impractical as a 911 is, a 2+2 911, it will always be more practical than a Vette.
Honestly Albert, I'm loosing interest in driving tuned LS V8 powered vehicles and I really just want to have something different. A different sound, feel, a different driving experience.

The one thing I know about the LS stuff, to get what I want out of it I'll wind up with a "in your face, your neighbors face and in the cops face" car...

I don't want a choppy, lopey idle, a raspy 3" dual exhaust that blasts you out of the cabin under WOT, cheap plastics in the interior...etc
The driving position in the Vette isn't my favorite either...

Again, its less about the car. ALL the cars I am looking at are fantastic, its just a matter of finding the car that FITS!

I've never even thought about dropping this kind of cash on a car before, which is why when I drove that last Vette I had a change of heart. It was a $48k car and I wasn't going to be happy with it...bullshit. If I'm spending $50k on a USED car, that car better damn well be as close to perfect for me as I can buy...even if I have to wait a bit to afford something a little more expensive, it will be worth it

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
To say I didn't like either of those cars is a lie, its not that I didn't "like them" they're both AWESOME. In fact, II think I liked the Z28 more, but with the cup tires it has on it you really don't get to experience the car for what it is, on the street.
The Z28 has horrible visibility out the side windows and a big hood to look over...I actually liked how spartan the interior is, less gadgets and button as a visual disrtaction, the suade interior is really nice to look at and touch, and the trans and gear throw felt really good for a stock car.

It's just not me tho, the car just didn't "fit me"
The cup tires are a big turn of for a DD too...

The Vette, the biggest thing I have against it is, its a two passenger vehicle.
As impractical as a 911 is, a 2+2 911, it will always be more practical than a Vette.
Honestly Albert, I'm loosing interest in driving tuned LS V8 powered vehicles and I really just want to have something different. A different sound, feel, a different driving experience.

The one thing I know about the LS stuff, to get what I want out of it I'll wind up with a "in your face, your neighbors face and in the cops face" car...

I don't want a choppy, lopey idle, a raspy 3" dual exhaust that blasts you out of the cabin under WOT, cheap plastics in the interior...etc
The driving position in the Vette isn't my favorite either...

Again, its less about the car. ALL the cars I am looking at are fantastic, its just a matter of finding the car that FITS!

I've never even thought about dropping this kind of cash on a car before, which is why when I drove that last Vette I had a change of heart. It was a $48k car and I wasn't going to be happy with it...bullshit. If I'm spending $50k on a USED car, that car better damn well be as close to perfect for me as I can buy...even if I have to wait a bit to afford something a little more expensive, it will be worth it

Fair enough... Jason, sounds like your looking for a more refined performance car, Porsche has that in spades:thumb: I want my car to rumble so loud it scares women and children:rofl:

We drove my buddys 67' GTO to race track in Boise... Dual 4", x pipe, twin stubby magnaflows, dumped at the axle. .700ish solid roller cam, 14.5 to 1 compression 474 pontiac. To say it loped and carried on was an understatement lol. Every light we stopped at people were staring, I could almost read there minds "WTF??" haha. Definitely not a daily driver but it sure is hoot once in awhile to cruise a 9 second goat in downtown traffic...
We raced that car from noon till almost midnight, won the bracket racing and almost had to borrow gas to get home... Sigh, good times, I really need to get moved back:D

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Fair enough... Jason, sounds like your looking for a more refined performance car, Porsche has that in spades:thumb: I want my car to rumble so loud it scares women and children:rofl:

We drove my buddys 67' GTO to race track in Boise... Dual 4", x pipe, twin stubby magnaflows, dumped at the axle. .700ish solid roller cam, 14.5 to 1 compression 474 pontiac. To say it loped and carried on was an understatement lol. Every light we stopped at people were staring, I could almost read there minds "WTF??" haha. Definitely not a daily driver but it sure is hoot once in awhile to cruise a 9 second goat in downtown traffic...
We raced that car from noon till almost midnight, won the bracket racing and almost had to borrow gas to get home... Sigh, good times, I really need to get moved back:D

OK, well that's excessive :woott:
Yeah, I've always liked the "sleeper" aspect more than the "in your face" aspect of a performance car...not that a 911tt is a sleeper, but its not like a cammed v8, fer sure

That does sound like good times Albert! And a nasty goat!
Hopefully you get back State side soon Albert...

Yeah man, I am looking for a vehicle that is a bit more refined than I've been accustomed to. It's strange how things work out, I've wanted a Vette for most of my driving life and now I can attain one, I don't want it...lol

It was quite a let down, actually...kinda gave me a lost feeling, to literally have something in your hands you've wanted for so long, and then not want it...kinda made me ask myself "who are you, dude?"

And that's where I'm at, the "who am I" car buying experience. I thought I was a Vette guy, turns out I'm not :(

As it is now, I'm pretty set on owning a 911. I've driven a couple (significantly different from each other) 911's and they both gave me the satisfaction and feel I was looking for in a car...I never set out looking for this car, it kinda found me

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
The 996tt prob has more creature comforts and has better street manners than a gt3. Cant really go wrong with anything german. I was going to suggest something from the ///m lineup but you seem pretty set on a 911. Looking forward to reading about your new toy!

Devious_Chris

Oct 6, 2015
In my opinion the TT is better for the DD route. They have more creature comforts, ride better, are quieter, and are QUICKER!

However if this will be a weekend driver and track car then the GT3 is the car to own. They are a street legal track car, but are happier on the track than the street.

Devious Chris

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Have you considered a Tesla Jason?

They are all over my town, everyone I've talked to who owns one loves it, probably going to be the wifes next car...

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Have you considered a Tesla Jason?

They are all over my town, everyone I've talked to who owns one loves it, probably going to be the wifes next car...

Really now...:rolleyes:
I see what ya did there...ask me if I've looked at a Tesla only to say its gonna be "your WIFE's" next car...lol sure

Would you wear your wife's yoga pants?
I didn't think so...:angel:

You know I'm kidding :hug:
Here's a good laugh for y'all, IMO its a solid 2min investment ;)
https://youtu.be/GYv4Fs7nzIY

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Lmao, Jason, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:D
I know right! Tim Hawkings is friggin Hilarious
Im happy I got to share a laugh, glad you enjoyed Arek

And don't tell me that you don't find a pair to slip a leg into by the end of the week
:rofl:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Really now...:rolleyes:
I see what ya did there...ask me if I've looked at a Tesla only to say its gonna be "your WIFE's" next car...lol sure

Would you wear your wife's yoga pants?
I didn't think so...:angel:

You know I'm kidding :hug:
Here's a good laugh for y'all, IMO its a solid 2min investment ;)
https://youtu.be/GYv4Fs7nzIY

Lol...

I wont be getting her a P85d, she doesn't need a car that does 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds...:rofl:

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Those teslas are very nice, the whole dash is a screen. They have sort of a cult following though reminds me a little of cross fit. Ha. Definitely a cool car for the wife.

I would get this one though
8a76534f2e77db202f681ed53aa85a46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
:D
I know right! Tim Hawkings is friggin Hilarious
Im happy I got to share a laugh, glad you enjoyed Arek

And don't tell me that you don't find a pair to slip a leg into by the end of the week
End of the week? I didn't even make it all the way through the video!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
End of the week? I didn't even make it all the way through the video!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Damn Arek, I'll be more careful about what I post next time, ok buddy...Took me two days to muster the curiosity to try

LMAO!

For all you MB guys...looked at this today
Black editiion CLK 63

http://www.landmarkmotors.com/detailGalleryMobile/WDBTJ77H28F244559
Looked...they want your money wired before that one leaves the showroom floor
Lol

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Damn Arek, I'll be more careful about what I post next time, ok buddy...Took me two days to muster the curiosity to try

LMAO!

For all you MB guys...looked at this today
Black editiion CLK 63

http://www.landmarkmotors.com/detailGalleryMobile/WDBTJ77H28F244559
Looked...they want your money wired before that one leaves the showroom floor
Lol

Awesome car, I know 3 people that have them and they all love the car. One of them even tracks his. They sound unbelievable with long tubes on them. Just make sure the cams have been replaced.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Great cars, my buddy had a CL65, biturbo V12. Put a tune, intake and exhaust on it and it would out run a Z06. He did over speed his turbos though, lol, somehow he got MB to warranty it...