Twin engine duramax truck...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I’m sure there are plenty of guys that hate on him, but Whistlin diesel says he’s gonna build monster max 2.0 with twin engines. 2 LBZs and trans feeding into a dropbox. One will have a reverse rotation box. Obviously we know that two engines can be controlled easy enough, but getting the Allison to shift together is going to be tough I would think. Unless the Dropbox will be some what forgiving. Still you would think it’s going to freak the electronics out.

If anyone interested here’s a link discussion of the twin engine starts at 16 minute mark.
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=40SF5JOJGD0&list=UUdqp0KK_Io7TwK5cJMBvB0Q&index=1

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
I'm certainly in the "hate on him" crowd.

Mainly I'm just personally butt hurt, they don't make the GMT800 trucks any more and it just annoys me to see them destroyed in such childish fashion.

But, props to him for making a brand out of it and making money on it... I guess?

Reactions: DieselDemon18

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i wouldnt be using an allison/s, id go with something like full tilt th400's. Geiser Brothers built a twin engine trophy truck for the RPM guys a couple years ago and its still going. uses twin LS engines at 500hp each, twin th400's, and one drives the front wheels (the rear engine) while the other drives the rear wheels. no t-case.

i bet it still works even with flaired shifts or bad shifts assuming the converter stays unlocked. lock that up and have an "oops" shift from one trans due to a bad learn at some point or hiccup and something in the trans is gunna give.

Just all depends on how the drop box is going to work. if it separates out the two drivelines so one drives rear and other drives front, ought to work well. if they are getting tied together, going to get interesting.

Either way, i look forward to seeing the guys that build it, finish that

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
if they are getting tied together, going to get interesting.

Either way, i look forward to seeing the guys that build it, finish that

He made it sound like they would be tied together. Not that I put much faith in what he says.
I think he runs Dans diesels stuff and they where going to try and make this work. I don’t know much about them other then they seem to have the only other modded VVTs people really recommend other then Danville.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm certainly in the "hate on him" crowd.

Mainly I'm just personally butt hurt, they don't make the GMT800 trucks any more and it just annoys me to see them destroyed in such childish fashion.

But, props to him for making a brand out of it and making money on it... I guess?
If it makes you feel any better he moved on to other things now. New f350, Cummins, jeep, square body, f150s, Audi R8, and now a Hellcat.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
He made it sound like they would be tied together. Not that I put much faith in what he says.
I think he runs Dans diesels stuff and they where going to try and make this work. I don’t know much about them other then they seem to have the only other modded VVTs people really recommend other then Danville.

he did make it sound that way but at the same time, hes also not the one building it. alot of what he says in some of these videos is just to hype the haters up, thats why i look more forward to see what Dans diesel does and understand from there.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
If it makes you feel any better he moved on to other things now. New f350, Cummins, jeep, square body, f150s, Audi R8, and now a Hellcat.
Yeah before I deleted Instagram I saw that, and it did make me feel a tiny bit better... like I said I’m just but hurt, and I admit it haha.

I look at it like... if he had no followers and was doing the whole truck destruction thing on his own, he’d probably be looked at as a mental case that needs help. If another “famous” YouTuber like Greg A for example was doing what he does without followers, no one would bat an eye.

but... I hope something cool and new comes of this one. I’ll just be relying on others to relay what’s going on lol

Reactions: Dozerboy

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't hate him. He must have a little bit of intelligence to be able to make money doing what he does. I'm more disappointed in the fact that there are so many people that watch his videos that he is able to do it. I refuse to watch because as retarded as this idea sounds (going by what you wrote because I refuse to watch his videos), it isn't anymore retarded than anything else I've heard about him doing, and I don't want to watch or help perpetuate his activities. I'm afraid I would feel like I was an audience member in this scene from Billy Madison.

1611160280009.png

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
What Josh said. I don't like to see equipment abused unless it's on a racetrack, at a pull, or at work. I'll leave that guy's stupid bs for the young guys to watch, and could care less what he buys, not builds.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I scroll through some of his videos. Never actually watch them all the way through.

him taking the truck into the ocean was something to see though. Pretty freaking crazy.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
Jesus, were all sounding like our fathers. The whistle dick is some ignorant content, but just look at the source. You tube's highest paid content provider is 9yrs old. Made almost 30mil reviewing toys last year. You make money by posting entertainment that gets passed around, not information a handful understand. If you could make 1 million by burning your truck to the ground, would you? He did. Stupid and wasteful...?sure. Entertaining....?? I don't watch his stuff, but I can't knock him either.

Reactions: lutzjk913

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Never watched one of his videos. You can tell in the first 10sec he's a complete F tard. Guys at work have talked about it and that's enough for me.

It's sad that millions of people will sit around and watch something de-educational (I don't think that's a word LOL) like so but won't spend the time going out to be productive

Reactions: 2004LB7

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
I wouldn't call him a f-tard. If you go back you'll see his videos started off with him being a regular truck owner, cleaning his truck, showing off rims. No big deal. One video he accidently broke something on the truck. Then people go upset and started commenting. Those comments turned into hate and people telling him he could never do something. Monster max literally started with him putting his truck on blocks and moving up floater tires and saying it would be pretty cool someday to build. Everyone said he couldn't. Nows he's taken that hate and done some pretty cool shit. Also some dumb shit but its still fun to watch. Monster max 2 is gonna be unreal. And without cody it certainly wouldn't be getting built so don't hate. Don't talk down on a guy cause he can't do something himself. At least he doesn go out and lie and say he built everything himself.

If you actually watch his videos and pay attention and don't just focus on hating him you'll see he's a pretty down to earth guy just out having fun. Boy I sure wish I would've recorded half the stupid stuff we did as kids. Lol. Anyways thats my 2 cents. Take it or leave. There's more to life then material things. Trucks are just peices of steel. Don't forget to enjoy life.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
If you actually watch his videos and pay attention and don't just focus on hating him you'll see he's a pretty down to earth guy just out having fun. Boy I sure wish I would've recorded half the stupid stuff we did as kids. Lol. Anyways thats my 2 cents. Take it or leave. There's more to life then material things. Trucks are just peices of steel. Don't forget to enjoy life.

I sure wish I knew I could’ve made millions recording the stupid ass shit I did when I was young. Thinking about though I’d probably gone to jail for some of that stupid ass shit.

Just the other day my mom reminded me about the time I flipped my blazer in the middle of the night taking some girls I knew on their first offroad trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
I sure wish I knew I could’ve made millions recording the stupid ass shit I did when I was young. Thinking about though I’d probably gone to jail for some of that stupid ass shit.

Just the other day my mom reminded me about the time I flipped my blazer in the middle of the night taking some girls I knew on their first offroad trip.

Lol exactly! Oh well is what it is, no point getting upset. He provided some pretty good entertainment on and off youtube.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana

X2, I know I should have ended up in jail a few times cough cough!

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I don't know. He did just get hit in the head with a ricochet because he wanted to shoot steel plates with a 50 cal from 4 feet away.

I hit myself in the chest with one when I felt the need to prove to some buddies I could drive nails with my rifle.

I not above being called a Ftard though.