Turbo swap. Need help asap

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Need to know a quick way to get the return line off bottom or LB7 stock turbo. Have everything off not but this line is a pain in the @$$ to get to. Have 3 hr of daylight left and I have to leave at 4am to get to a pull.

Thanks

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i found it easier to remove the turbo with the line connected
just remove the 2 nuts holding the flange down behind the turbo,It might be stuck on there from the gasket being squashed
also if needed you can remove those studs with a reverse ( inverted ) torxs if needed

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
I'm trying to just change the intake part of the turbo and not worry the back but it appears there isn't a good way to do that.

Yes,the hard line on the bottom held on by 2 13mm nuts.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Use a "distributor wrench" that is available at most autoparts stores. It allows you to undo the nuts.

But if you can't get one, just like Simon said: Remove the two nuts off the other end of the drain on top of the bell hsg and lift as a unit. You will need the riser pipes loose or removed on both ends to get to it, and the down pipe removed.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Finally got it off by taking the bolts off the bellhousing and then we were able to get them off the turbo. Now we're installing it. Looks like it'll be ready to pull by morning :D.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Only 3 diesels showed up. 1 stock Dodge who they put in a different class :rolleyes:,Travrazz's D-Max and mine. I took 1st,Trav took 2nd. It was his first pull and I believe he made 279'. A lot better than the first time I pulled :D.

Johnny,those two bolts are a must to remove it looks like.

It's a lot of work. Good luck and let us know how you do at the pull's........

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
What part of Neb are you from?
If I'd have known about it and it's halfway close to me I'd have made the trip up to play.:)

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
If Brayden would hurry up and get a Stage 1 finished I'd be inclined to buy one.

Hes not going to do just the comp wheel upgrade He posted it up at the DP i think check out the cheetah discussion there. Im getting a 68mil stage two in about a week ill let you know how she goes :D:D:D

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
I see he changed the plans for a Stage 1 to more mods. I just don't see spending $2400 on a turbo that makes me no money. If winning pulls payed better it'd be OK. That and Dodge turbos are cheap.

Hes not going to do just the comp wheel upgrade He posted it up at the DP i think check out the cheetah discussion there. Im getting a 68mil stage two in about a week ill let you know how she goes :D:D:D

Last edited: