Turbo Issue +Code P0571

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
So ever since I installed a cheetah 68mm turbo and got some updated tuning, I've had a couple issues.
First when I start my truck up and it's on the big tune maybe a mile down the road the truck will throw a P0571 code and the dic will show reduce engine power. This is coming up on my edge screen. If I have the truck on any other tune it will not do this. But once the truck is warm I can switch to my big tune and it's fine.
Second, the turbo flutter's really easy, if the truck's under a load, it will flutter. If the converter lock's it will flutter, and it does this really easy. It's alot more noticeable on my big tune than any others. If I'm going up a hill it will flutter really bad to.
Up top the truck cut's out as well, like's it's losing fuel. I hooked up a smoke machine to see if there was any leak's and I found 3 little pin holes in my egr delete pipe, sealed them up and it did not make any difference.
Mod's are
Airdog 165, 3 y bridge/egr delete,3'' intercooler pipe, down pipe, 68mm cheetah.
Any idea's would be great.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I have dealt with this code before on a customers truck. The code indicates a problem in the cruise control brake switch circuit. This could be the switch on the brake pedal, the fuse, the cruise/wiper/turn signal stalk, or the wires that lead to them.

Where does your Airdog pull power from?

FYI the brake switch is GM Part#15861245 and can be easily/cheaply replaced.