turbo direct pipe

thedirtymax

Kansas Roughneck
Dec 7, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
ive seen two trucks that have true 4 inch turbo direct pipes but neither person knew where they were from because they were on their trucks when they bought them. does anyone know anythhing about these?
-Clint

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Are you talking about the turbo down pipe?

That goes from the turbo to the intermediate pipe?

If so there are sever vendors here that sell the Diamond Eye down pipe. There is another maker of them now also but I can't remember the name. iirc they did say the Diamond Eye did fit better.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
The v-band outlet of the stock turbo is smaller than 4", as is the V-band at the front of the front pipe. Why run something that is 4" in between but only 3" on each end? I have an ATS true 4" down-pipe on my truck but my S475 has a 4" V-band outlet and I had to cut the front bend off the front pipe and connect under the truck to the 4" section. The Diamond Eye and MRBP downpipes for the LLY and newer trucks are 3" IIRC and have much smoother mandrel bends and stay round instead of pinching to an oval like the stock one. The Diamond Eye piece fits better and is all around nicer IMO. I typically recommend waiting until you upgrade your turbo (if you have plans to eventually) and then getting a downpipe to fit it.