LBZ: Turbo Coolant Pipe alterations

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Recently removed my turbo (doing other work) and am thinking of adding some Fingers vanes and an aftermarket wheel, but I was looking at it and wondering if there is anything else I can do while it's out.

One thing I noticed is that the coolant pipe makes it tough to remove the y bridge. While I hope to not have to do it again (installed a DHD super high flow system), if I do modifying the coolant pipe would be beneficial. Just wondering if anyone has shortened their pipe or altered it in any way. I'm thinking if I shorten it, it will allow me to run more hose (flexible) and allow me to move it if/when I need room. I don't know if there might be a reason that is not a good idea so I thought I would ask the group.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• TurboCompress.jpg
    TurboCompress.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 68

mebob2001

Oct 31, 2014
Riverview, new brunswick
I always wondered about installing the lml pipe that goes up and over everything into thermostat housing. Or cut that pipe and use rubber line to.cross it over to the pipe going behind cross over

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Wikid

Machinist and Know things
Oct 21, 2016
Texas
Recently removed my turbo (doing other work) and am thinking of adding some Fingers vanes and an aftermarket wheel, but I was looking at it and wondering if there is anything else I can do while it's out.

One thing I noticed is that the coolant pipe makes it tough to remove the y bridge. While I hope to not have to do it again (installed a DHD super high flow system), if I do modifying the coolant pipe would be beneficial. Just wondering if anyone has shortened their pipe or altered it in any way. I'm thinking if I shorten it, it will allow me to run more hose (flexible) and allow me to move it if/when I need room. I don't know if there might be a reason that is not a good idea so I thought I would ask the group.

Thoughts?

Shouldnt make any difference as long as the hose is the same size as the stockers. I wondered the same thing because i hated changing my Y Bridge. But when I was building my motor is wasnt nearly has difficult when the turbo went in after the Y Bridge.